Need better understanding of trade times

Quick Question please:

In pip school we learned that a 15 min trader should look at several different time frames to confirm the market trend is in his favor at those frames also.

Now if Im on the 15min regular zoom screen I can see a 10hr spread on the chart, if I -zoom the screen a couple times I can see a 4 day spread of 15min trades. This is equivelant to the amount of time I could see on a 1hr chart at normal zoom.

So I question, do I need to bring up the 1hr chart to see the 4 days or can I just -zoom a couple times?

Is there a benefit to looking at the 1hr chart? Or am I supposed to look at the 1hr chart at all zoom levels also?

Sorry, Im just a little confused. Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Mike Lewthwaite aka Pip Ventures

Thank you Tess,

I am understanding that you do not want to trade against the trend. This is why you look at your hourly or 4hourly chart also. to see the major trend and be sure not to trade against it.

My problem is this. I want to know how far back to look at the trend. It said in pip school that if you looked too far back you may just get confused. So it was mentioned that for a day trader using the 15m that they should use the hrly and 4hrly to confirm the trend.

NOW, if you look at the bottom of the chart you will see how much of a time spread you are looking at. Maybe you can see 5 hrs into the past, or maybe you can see 5 days, or maybe you can see 30 days.

The problem is that WITH THE ZOOM FEATURE YOU CAN CONTROL THE TIME SPREAD YOU SEE, WITHOUT CHANGING THE TRADETIME. SO I DONT KNOW HOW FAR IM SUPPOSED TO LOOK BACK. AT DIFFERENT ZOOM LEVELS A HR CHART CAN SHOW ME MULTIPLE TIME SPREADS, 1 hr, 10 hrs, 10 days, etc.

So I am assuming that there is a certain amount of time that one is supposed to be looking backon the charts to confirm the trend. Be it 3 days, 10 days, 30 days, etc.

Now if you told me to look back 3 days then I would say ok. I can do this two ways. I can either -zoom the 15 min chart, or I can pull up an hourly chart. Either action will allow me to see 3 days into the past to judge the main trend.

So what is best? To pull up another chart? Or to just -zoom to see the same amount of time into the past.

Thanks alot, Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Mike Lewthwaite