Need comments from profitable traders

I second Pipmehappy’s post, he is right on how as a beginner you would need to better handle your risk; having a larger account balance does not mean that you have to risk more…

Hi…
As far as my calculation goes, if I keep adjusting my risk on every trade to 2% its gonna get difficult for me to be profitable after say 10 trades. Because for instance if the first 5 trades are losers and i calculate risk on the remaining balance, the profits won’t be big enough to overcome my previous losses. That’s why Ive planned to keep my risk set (a set % of the initial amount) till I reach a certain amount where I need to set the risk again. Did it make any sense to you ?

You are right about missing some profitable trades just because they dont come up to your R:R expectations but I guess thats what’s sticking to your strategy/plan is. But yea I’m not very rigid about R:R once I’m in the trade, for instance I’m in a trade and looking for 1:2 R:R, the trade is in profits but shows clear sign of reversal at the end of the day, then I just close it, taking whatever profit I’m getting at that point.