Need Little Guidance!

Yester day at Feb 9th 2023 at 00:45 AM EST JPY had so much volume all of sudden, I’ve attached the screen shot. On Calendar I don’t see any news related to jpy at that time, am I missing new or this was just a regular move?

1 Like

This is H1? From my experience, such moves are common. Just a regular day, and most pairs experience such volatility.

Why? I couldn’t answer that. Perhaps others have a more insightful view. But to me, this is business as usual.

I would concur. JPY pairs tend to have high ADRs.

Yes this is 1 Hour, interestingly it covers from top to bottom and back in 10 min. I don’t think a retail trader is able to do that. Only major news or some major bank have the capability to do something like this, whats your opinion on that?

Yes this is 1 Hour, interestingly it covers from top to bottom and back in 10 min. I don’t think a retail trader is able to do that. Only major news or some major bank have the capability to do something like this, whats your opinion on that?

1 Like

Retail traders have no power in the market. None.

As for me, I don’t worry about the ¨why¨. I just look for zones where price may pullback, and I put my SL beyond that.