Need mentor and friend

Yes this is the only way I trade. SanMiguel and I started Bollinger Band Trading with MA some months back. Its a hefty thread now some 2700 posts. Maybe some Christmas reading? :wink:

definitely some Christmas reading for me ive been wanting to read that through :stuck_out_tongue: btw 2 more posts for u!

I saw 80 pip draw down, stop loss? where?
:slight_smile:

Not sure to which trade you are referiing? Chart post was to illustrate historic entry points. Taking trades on PA re-entering the 2:1 boll on flat top/bottom after wicks outside. Also when 2:1 boll is outside of 5:1 & 10:1 boll.

SL should be fractionally above/ below wick outside 2:1.

Iā€™ve been swing trading, day trading equities market since 2001, recently been trading currency market.

I have not changed my style of trading. I dont have to worry about gaps and horrible news coming out of no where, when trading currencies. ( not as much )

I donā€™t trade the news for currencies.

But I use the following charts, daily, 15 min, 5, and 1 min (candlesticks)

with the following mva (simple) 8, 14, 48, 200 - works best with eur/usd

Learn the basicsā€¦ support, resistanceā€¦ trend lines as well. double, tripple bottoms,

Before and after trading I look at a daily chart to find major resistance and support, if you look at a daily eur/usd had a little bounce off the 200sma,. 200 sma is a powerful sma. If market is still oversold might see a bounce up to 1.4490-1.45 called resistance, I do the same on the opposite side find out where next support line is lol which might be 1.37 for the eur/usdā€¦ Keep these figures in mind when intraday, scalping swing whateverā€¦

I usually trade off the 15 minutes with the same mva on all my charts. The 15 keeps me from over trading and let my trades play out. If your a trigger happy person trade off the 5 and 1 minute. If you can get confirmation on a five and 15 min chart that usually has a 70% chance of being a sucessful trade.

if price is trading far from sma that usually means that pullback or rebound should be taking placeā€¦

I know this is probablly foreign for some if they donā€™t know anything about charts, technical analysis. but hey if you need help shoot me an email

Personally I would not go with anything under 1h charts. I use 1h, 4h and day charts with day S/R lines on all charts. If using MA, I prefer LWMA (Linear weighted Moving Average) as these react much more quickly than SMA or EMA with 3/6/9 settings.

I would not go with 1m chart. You are simply trading PA fluctuation and not PA overall direction or trend.

I would also suggest putting up a 5:1 & 10:1 Bollinger band and study how PA relates to those in relation to S/R.

Greetings RC - one more question re: this that has eluded me. Do you wait until the second candle closes before you enter trade, or enter as soon as PA heads back. I hesitate to enter prior to close of second candle as flat top/bottom isnā€™t confirmed? Thanks in advance.