Net Neutrality and Trading?

The title sort of says it all-with net neutrality getting taken down, do you think that it would have any effects on trading (data feed, news, etc)?

I have been concerned about the same thing. My best guess is that the first to be effected is streaming video and netflix etc etc. These are direct competition to my local ISP/cable provider. Not sure about youtube. This could be bad for them.

Not sure about trading. Possibly news feeds could be throttled unless they pay the ISP. Perhaps the ISP will have a prefered brokerage and all other will be throttled. That last one seems like a lot of work for ISP s with little gain.

Its likely to be very good news for smaller local/independent ISP s. If people are unhappy with the local cable company controlling thier content there will be a market for unrestricted net access.

At least… there are some legal problems for breaking the monopoly that ISP have…
Mostly has to do with physical acces to a determined zone
But that’s not important, I don’t think Trading will be really affected too much since it’s not even that big to begin with
What a trader needs it’s mostrly either really niche or way too mainstream to block
Either way, trading wouldn’t be largely affected