Never watch charts all day

Watching charts is over-rated. Its similar to watching road traffic - it will show you the visible things other drivers do but it will not teach you to drive.

1 Like

If we dont expect any money from our account and if we risk only 1 % per trade , then no need to worry about our trades during off screen time also… :grinning:

So, the key is risk management… If you take more risk to get more reward, then you will be always worried and will lose all…

It’s true that you have to stay active throughout the day if you want to make profits in the market. But it should not be the only thing that you must do. You must keep researching to find new ways that may work better than what you have already been using.

Overtrading is a high possibility this way, and that is never good.

If you can’t sit in front of your system all day, build an EA that will take care of your trades.

In my experience it is fine to look at trades and charts, but I never change my trades, only close out them once I enter them.

I differ here. Day trading’s cool for me. Analyzing the charts has made me understand the market better.

1 Like

Agreed, it really messed with your head looking all day.

It’s not a good idea to sit in front of your system the whole day. Do take breaks because your health is more important than any other thing.

I would say it’s different strokes for different folks. Some traders swear by intraday trading, they can’t imagine going to bed with positions still open. They would rather know how they fared - profitable/not - and not carry forward the trade to another day. While there are many like you who find more peace and of course, profits, in swing trading.

Take some time to relax because you won’t be able to make good decisions with a stressed mind.

Correct. frequency of viewing charts completely depends upon the trading strategy .

That’s good advice. Single person trying to watch more than 3 instruments continuously for 24/7 is quite impossible. Maybe they can watch one or two instruments a day. That would reduce the chaos of intraday struggle between many instruments.

Absolutely no need to. You might spend more time at the start when learning but down the line alerts are your friend.

2 Likes

I prefer watching charts daily before trading in any currency pairs. It’s important to analyse the market thoroughly in my opinion for a successful trading career.

Charts make it easy to identify and analyze a currency pair’s movements and patterns and that’s why I too prefer watching them before trading.

Can you explain to me a losing trade becomes profitable how

I’m still trading on my demo and l have noticed this if l take less than an hour analysing the charts l become profitable but if l take more than that l screw my trades

Totally agree with you. There is no need to watch for charts all day because it really worsens your mental health. When you are a novice, yeah, that’s right, you have to watch for the charts in order to learn how to trade, however after you became a trader and know how to make money and have lots of experience, watching for charts is a bad habit I guess. It really affects your emotional condition and contradicts basic trading rules such as emotions controlling. Otherwise, if you’re curious about the price movement and its behavior, you might dedicate some time to watching for these movements. I don’t think it’s crtitical.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%! every time I got hooked on charts, things just went downhill. Gotta give it time and let it work for sure

2 Likes