Never watch charts all day

I too have never been able to trade successfully if I looked at the charts all day. There are some assets that can be traded even on weekends. For example, the cryptocurrency market runs 24 hours a day and gives you the opportunity to make money all the time. But you won’t be able to rest and will make more mistakes. You can spend time with your family, play sports, work or other activities without losing anything in your investments. On the contrary, a variety of activities and breaks are much more beneficial for a trader’s mental state than painstaking search for patterns on charts without any rest.

well, this method does not work for you, maybe someone else is doing this all the time

What I like the most about swing trading is that it gives me enough time to analyze the market I am trading, and make my trading decisions in a more relaxed manner without the time pressure that day trading usually has.

I think watching charts all day is one of the serious mistakes in trading activity which always is a trigger for losses, because when you see that the price goes they way you needn’t you start to be nervous and make unconscious acrions. It’s wrong. Everything depends on your trading style, if you prefer intraday trading then you shouldn’t watch charts all day, just create a rule for yourself, to watch at the charts no more than 2-3 times per day. First one is when you open a deal, second in the middle of a day and the last is after the deal expiration. So, complying these rules you save plenty of nerves and remain stable.

As for me, if a trader just wants to make high-quality and correct market analytics, then why not?

@Agamalune I am of the same mind as you on this point. I think watching charts all day results in a lot of mental anguish and we can’t resist making significant trading mistakes. Every swing will spur those emotions which makes us rethink our decisions we’ve made as per our trading plan.

That is a very good piece of advice. The more you watch the charts, the more psychological pressure you will experience. Many people spend more than 10 hours a day sitting before the charts and watching them move. That is terrible! They are also influenced by their emotions and start making very bad decisions.

Great advice, I am definitely guilty of spending far too much time staring at charts. I think you need to have faith in your strategy, set your stop loss and trust that your analysis and risk management will come through.

Exactly do not get obsessed with your trades, just leave and chill there is no point of watching the screen every seconds.

This is why I invite all people to invest. Trading is a profession in which you need to feel the market.
If you can’t trade on your own, then learn how to invest in managers and get your profit.
My investors are always happy with their income, why should they trade themselves in this case?

1 Like

Where can you find information for investors on this forum?

1 Like