New boys 1st day

Hi all,

I have just started looking at Forex and if it can eventually help me to work from home full time and not have to work for idiots!
My head is being turned by different learning platforms such as Tier1Trading but i’ve realised that I need to know the basics and babypips looks like the right place to start!
Any advice you guys can give me along the way would be great!

Many thanks

Jay

Hi jay, start your education here. It includes a link to the babypips course. Trading can be a way to work from home but requires knowledge, persistence and discipline. So study hard, get involved on threads and read books. Wish you the best of luck.

You mentioned idiots lol. What do you do for a living at present?

That’s great! thank you.
I will go through it.
Have you been trading long?
Jay

Study and plan strategies and set-ups. Demo trade each until you understand what parts work and why and what parts don’t work and why - for you.

Don’t trade money until you can make a profit (never buy a car if you cannot drive).

I work in the Utility industry, very corporate, lots of meetings with very little productivity, too many chiefs and not enough Indians! :slight_smile:
I would love to be able to work for myself. I’m not looking to get rich quick, I just want to be consistent by eventually bringing in enough money to cover my salary.
Jay

6 and a half years. But there are others on here who have traded for much longer.

Welcoooome @JayHarps! :slight_smile: The school here is a pretty good place to start with the basics. :blush: And the people here are also really nice so if you have any questions, just post them here and I’m sure people will be happy to help. :blush: Good luuuck! :smiley:

Thanks @ria_rose looking forward to cracking it! How long has it taken you to start trading or are you still learning?

I’m sure you’ll do great! :blush: I’m rooting for you! :smiley:

I’ve been into forex for a couple of years now and I was planning on going live this year. :sweat_smile: I regret not going live before the lock down. :confused: Otherwise, I would have had the chance to productively trade even during this pandemic. :frowning: