New Member Givin' you a lil Sumpin

Hey all, my name is David and I just joined this forum. I have been studying trading on the forex market for about two weeks and have seen lots of traders saying that getting into a community. I have had several people recommend babypips so I decided I’d check it out.

It’s been YEARS since I’ve been on a forum and active, so I’ll need to get back in the swing of things, but I’m excited to be here and learn.

I am studying forex because of COVID-19 actually. I was on paid leave from 3/16 to 7/6 and during that time, I decided I wanted to set up more income streams (I started my wealth journey years ago, but I want to really ramp up). I have set up an online reseller store with Poshmark, which has begun to be profitable, and about two weeks ago, I came upon a free class on Facebook for learning to trade. I had been researching the trading/stock market to get more involved (I have been investing w/ a mutual fund) and discovered how profitable forex could be if you can maintain discipline. I feel like I’ve definitely learned patience with investing already, so I am ready to step up my game and expand my revenue stream. Which brings me to FX!

So far, I follow JayTakeProfits and HunterFX on YouTube, and I am taking free online classes with ShawAcademy. I would love to hear any input on more great resources as I clearly don’t know where to find the best resources (I know forum culture, so I’m not asking for resources on this thread, since I already have seen loads of pinned threads already on here, I just wanted to stop in and say hi).

I am hoping to use trading build my account to be able to supplement my income at first, but then, I would like to be able to make enough to cover all of my living costs with profitable trading, and hopefully begin building my investments with residual money.

Currently, I am trading on a Oanda Demo account and testing out strategies that work. Yesterday I made 5 trades (too many, i know). I won only 1 and lost the other 4. Today, I made only on trade, and I won that trade. I feel like I’m learning.

Thanks for reading my crazy long intro, I’m just super excited about starting my journey on trading so I can get out from under the mercy of an employer!

Welcome and good luck :slight_smile:

Hi, David! You’ve written a lot, but I think it’s cool that you’re so excited about all this) Yes, unfortunately, trading is a very long learning process. But when you start to do well, you’ll realize that it was worth it. There’s also free training on this forum. I don’t know if you knew about it, but you should definitely check it out. I hope that you’ll succeed and you won’t stop trading after several failures (what can totally happen in trading). Good luck to you, bro!

Welcome mate, you sure seem excited, your about to start a long journey, my saying on hear learn to earn.