New Strategy profit or break even

Dear Quickly
actually am aiming for very low guaranteed profit or break even the 90% is the strategy level of completion

thanks so much

Sounds like your going down the grid trading approach per say, at least regarding random entry? I wouldn’t recommend that, either. But each to their own!

A trading system (call it what you will) is all about trade entry and exit, the money management side is the rather easy quantified element?

Dear Riskonfx
yes that’s true, grid, please wait for the whole picture to have better idea, you look very experienced, your feedback will be of much value to me.
thanks

i was trying to upload a picture that can explain it all, but the rules here says that i can’t upload image as a new user.
so i will do my best to explain it. please be patient with me. if you know a way to upload image pls let me know, it is better for more clarifications.

1- first we need 3 buy/sell each 0.1
(start with buy/Sell wait for price to move up or down (where else?) 40 pips then place another Buy/Sell, again wait for price to move 40 pips above or below the two buy/sell. place Buy/Sell you can use pending orders. buy stop/sell stop-buy limit/sell limit)

2- now we have three Buy/Sell Positions, each with 40 pips gap.

Buy/Sell
Buy/Sell
Buy/Sell (price indicator is here now)

3- wait for the price to move 20 above or below the 3 Buy/Sell.

4- in both case the strategy will work the same.

5- let’s assume the price move 20 pips below the third Buy/Sell

6- place sell for 0.2 lot

7- close all sell with profit (+180)

8- close first buy with loss (-100)

9- current position (+80 - 80) Break Even

First Scenario
10- wait for the price to move up or down, if the price move up any numbers of pips, you’re always in Break Even position (you loss spreads). you can wait for the price to move down, but if it keeps moving up exit all positions and getaway with small loss i.e spread in this case am accepting it and call it (Break Even!!:grinning:). and restart again (i have another solution for not to restart all over again but not for now)

Second Scenario
11- if the price moved down 20 pips place sell 0.1 (we are still in Break Even :grinning:)
12- wait for the price to move up or down 20 pips- if it moved down
13- you will get total profit of 20 pips($) or any numbers of pips down all are profit :grinning:
so far so good

worst case scenarios start from here::rage: the strategy problems

1- from the last position we placed (sell 0.1) if the price moved up again 20 pips touching sell 0.2 position in this case you need to close sell 0.2 position make sure it is 0 loss.
2- now the price is on the closed sell 0.2 (the good news you’re still in Break Even:grinning:
3- now we have sell 0.1 and 2 buy positions, right
4- if price continue moving up (you’re still in break even) if it reached the first buy you will get profit of 40 pips (40$) all up movement are profits:grinning:

The main problem of the strategy:sob::
when we closed sell 0.2 and price moved down again towards sell 0.1 what we will do in this case, placing sell 0.2 again and the price may move up again we need to close it? and so on???
any ideas???

picture will speaks better but i couldn’t

I can’t really figure out what your describing - at least in the way that I’m sure you’re trying to present.

Essentially, a grid system. The issue being that you could have one open position with an extended loss.

*I just had a look at this new BP trust level rating, the one thing I cant do is allow you to post a picture!! Typical :slight_smile:

thanks a lot, how to post a picture

You’ll need a minimum number of posts before this can be done, the number I don’t know off the top of my head (most probably 10).

Highlighted in yellow.

i knew you will like it, it is very save/loss protected trading strategy, i want all of you to brainstorm and to find a way to solve the strategy problem

okaay let me check how many posts

I’m not surprised you’ve been trading three years, won a lot and lost it all, then. :open_mouth:

[quote=“Alsiagi, post:7, topic:109004”]your feedback will be of much value to me
[/quote]

Nobody’s feedback will help you with a grid system. Nobody’s who’s a profitable trader, anyway. You’d be better off trying to develop a “roulette system”. What a shame to have spent so much time and energy on something fallaciously based, when you could have used that time to learn how to trade, instead. :disappointed:

Dear Quickly,
i was trading for the last 3 years, but i didn’t use grid system in my trading before, you totally didn’t got the full picture of my proposed strategy, this is not a traditional grid system that take profit and wait for price to compensate your losses? as a matter of fact i spent a lot of time and energy much more than you may think of!! no offence.

i have spent that time trying to formulate a dream strategy, (profit or break even), and as i said before i am 10% away from that dream.

the problem that i couldn’t post the picture, so that everybody can understand the big picture behind the strategy.
so would you please go deep and study the strategy, and let me know what you think, anyway thank a lot

Have to agree with this @Quickly

Statistically, no matter how much you play with the variables you will have that one trade which carries an exponential loss, at some point in time. When that time happens, no one knows, but it will happen.

Trading a Grid system is like trying to fit a square brick through a round hole.

There’s nothing wrong with having fixed rules in trading, such as the rules in a Grid System, but these rules need to have an underlying, statistically proven positive expectancy. If you don’t have a positive expectancy then it really doesn’t matter how ‘lucky’ you are in the short term. Perhaps some do make a lot of money trading this way, and manage to leave with their profits before the inevitable loss - but do you really want to take this risk?

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig

yes it’s kinda of grid (twisted) but mainly depends on calculation of lots size gap sizes and the most important all the possible movement of the price

Right.

“Grids” and “Martingales” have a lot in common: they’re both the resorts of people unwilling or unable to learn to trade, and unwilling to see reason, and in the long run they have no mathematical validity at all.

Right.

I’m outta here, anyway.

Thanks for sharing your formula here; but what’s going on technical and fundamental analysis? Listen, technical analysis doesn’t mean only trading indicators.

I think, or rather hope, the OP has that covered!

thanks guys for taking time to feedback, but you all got it wrong, all you think of was it is just another grid variation, but i assure you it depends mainly on mathematical calculation and all possible movement of price, i tried this the worst case was i lost some changes on spreads that’s all.

can anybody post strategy with profit or break even? people looking for some kinda of hedging solution because most of them lost their money

Among retail traders, only people who fundamentally misunderstand hedging and have ill-informed beliefs about its applicability to retail forex trading are “looking for some kinda hedging solution”.

It’s an idea that tends to appeal to retail traders whose beliefs about trading quite often lead them also to be interested in Martingales, grid systems and automation. There are no long-term profitable traders among their number.

1 Like

There are long term profitable traders, yeah that’s upto some extent, is true