New to Babypis, & definitely new to FX trading!

Hi everyone! My name is Liz, and I am from Singapore. Graduated from university for almost a year now, and got really interested in forex trading since a few months back. I decided to join babypips as I realized that its better to be in company with a group of like-minded people to learn and grow more effectively than to try to navigate the forex market solely by myself. Hope to learn more here!

Btw, anyone using IG as your broker as well?

Welcome Liz. How a\re you getting on with the learning material on the website? Have you got a demo set up for practice yet?

Not personally, I use IC Markets and EagleFX but these is bound to be someone who does.

Welcome Liz! :blush: Yeees. You’re definitely in the right place and I hope we get to interact a lot! :smiley: How long have you been studying forex? There are lots of nice and experienced traders here so if ever you find anything confusing or something, we’ll try to help out. :blush:

As for IG, I don’t trade with them personally. But, they’re regulated and I’ve seen lots of good reviews on them. There are a few threads here that you might want to check out. How’s your experience with them so far? :smiley:

Hi there! I have yet to start navigating the website, but I do find myself landing here whenever I’m doing forex research on Google. So I suppose the materials on the website will be really beneficial to me haha!

Anyway, yes, I created a demo account with IG and have been practicing with some strategies I have found along the way.

Hi Rose, thank you for the warm welcome! :smile: I have been doing my own research on Google and reading up on couple of forex trading books for beginners. It’s been great so far!

Anyway, do you have any recommended list of books on forex trading? As the amount of capital for trading is quite limited for me (since I just started working not too long ago), my risk appetite is not big enough for long-term trading. So books on short-term trading will be much more beneficial for me as of now, and it would be great if you can recommend some that you know! :smiley:

And thank you for the attached links! It’s been great with them so far. Their online trading platform is enough for me to get a feel on trading with my demo account. Will be downloading their Metatrader 4 software once I’m ready for the live action! (Definitely looking forward to this :laughing: )

I have been using IG for more than 3 years. I never faced any issues with it as a broker. You can give it a try if you are looking for a reliable broker.

Hey, this is indeed the right place for you to start . It takes a lot of hard work and knowledge to trade Forex. You will find a lot to learn here. Good luck to you.

IG is undoubtedly a nice broker to trade with offering tight spreads, low commissions, and great customer service.

Dedication, hard work and regular practice will add to your forex learning experience. This platform will look after all your learning needs. Hope you enjoy the earning process.

Hi Liz! Welcome to the community! I use IG and I think it is a good broker to use.

Hey Liz! Trading sure is exciting if done right. Treat it like a serious biz and you can expect some profits coming your way.