New to Forex and Community

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am a truck driver trying to find something else to do. I have been a driver for the past 26 years and I’m tired. I want to retire but seem to be trapped in this job, so I thought if I learned how to trade maybe I can let this trucking thing go. I am going to need all of you to help me through this. At 60, I am looking forward to the change.

Hi :slight_smile: did you visited the education section already? Regards Greg

Hello Lynn! Never too late to make a change. Go through the lessons at the BP school and practice on a demo account (suggest Oanda). Don’t be in a hurry to give up your rig just yet until you can prove to yourself that you can make money consistently.

Ask any questions in the forums. We’ve got your back! :grinning:

Hi Lynne, you are never too old to start. Just one piece of advice - don’t rush or force it. From my experience it is always those who ‘need’ to make money from forex who end up donating all their hard earned money to the market consistently.

Also if you are planning on replacing your current income from trading, the reality is that you will need a decent amount of capital to trade with - some won’t agree with this but I would say at least 6 figures, obviously depending on your expenses and if you want to grow your account at the same time.

I don’t want to put you off your pursuit… as it is possible. Just don’t want you to think you can put a couple thousand in an account and double it every couple days. If anyone tells you that you can I would guarantee they made you sign up to their broker and are making you trade big lots.

Just be optimistically cautious as there are plenty in the industry who won’t think twice about separating you from your funds.

Best of luck,
Nate

P.S - if you are driving trucks everyday then use that time wisely to begin learning. Download some educational podcasts and audio books and just start consuming knowledge, you have that advantage over most! Be smart with your driving time and you may learn quicker than you think.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Lynne6024. Never too late to start. Have you started with the BabyPips school?

Yes I have. I’m trying to study in between my stops when I have a few minutes.

Welcome to babypips :slight_smile:

Hi Greg, yes I did. I am going through it now. Thank you, Lynne

Thanks QuadPip, I am making my way through the course.

Hello and welcome Lynne6024. You have been doing the same job for the past 26 years which just shows that there is no lack of commitment and if you put the same commitment in learning and practicing trading, there is no doubt you can be successful at it. I wish you all the best.

Thank you, Bipin 1800!

Welcome to this forum, I hope you will enjoy using it