New to the forum

Hi my name is Lauren. I am a total newbie from L.A. (Los Angeles). I am here to learn all I can and can all I learn about Forex Trading. I look forward to meeting as many like-minded fellow Forex Traders in training as much as possible. Would also love to have a mentor or a sage that I can shadow over to learn all about foreign exchange trading. I hear so many great things (and some challenges that come with it) and again would love to master this awesome skill and who knows what great things may come of it!

5 Likes

Good day everyone! my name is Midushi. I just completed the 334 lessons. My head and eyes hurt. haha.

I opened the mt4 with IG. My ultimate goal is to supplement my income and have fun doing it. My short-term goal is to familiarize myself with the trading platform, and practice what I learned in the lessons.

I hope to learn and share while here.

4 Likes

Excellent. Now do it again. Haha. Welcome.

3 Likes

Again? oh god. no! haha. It took me almost a month. I worked hard to read all that. But, now I have to take notes on all the formulas and all that good stuff.

So much information. But, I think I’m leaning towards scalping eventually. I imagine it’s super fast-paced, though. I would like to be flexible and be able to trade swings as well as really short trades. One step at a time.

2 Likes

Time for some demo trading! Do already have a demo account?

1 Like

Sure do BillyBobPimpton! But, I’m just getting familiar with the MT4. I opened with IG.

There are lots of bells and whistles. For now, there are lots of tutorials to walk me thru the basics.

Excellent news. Definitely get familiar with the platform and make some trades! Regardless of strategy. Get those first couple out of the way. Play with those buttons. Close trades, edit trades, add stop loss, trailing stop, leverage, etc.

1 Like

How are you getting on mate?

1 Like

I’m having fun, Smith2525. Thanks!

I’ve been scalping mostly. I wanted to swing trade but, I had to adapt to the market in the best way I could.

Pairs that should be going one way, go the other and I lose. Maybe stops were too tight for swing trading.

My demo account dropped from $10,000 to $10,890 or so.

I’m treating it like it’s real money, though.

I improved and got it back to $10,000 by scalping. Now, I have to increase my account above $10,000.

If I can’t profit with fake money, I can’t profit with real money.

However, perhaps with wider stops and more patience, I can actually swing trade.

4 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I’m a Newbie here to learn and have fun .

Let’s Go !!!

1 Like

Hi I’m Benn on from England,I’m a self employed builder at the moment,but I’ve been reading books on how to trade and I came across the online course baby pips because everyone one seems to want to charge you online for courses,and when you haven’t got the money but you want to learn it’s hard with no one reaching out to guide you,so I’m here hoping to make friends who can help me out on my journey of being a trader,I’ve been practicing on a demo account for about 5 months now and I would say I’m 50-50 at this time,but I’m here hoping to learn from all of you here thank you.

3 Likes

Hey Benn. My name is Arlington from the U.S. I just decided today to try trading Forex full time. I kinda was forced into this position by the lockdown and my employer extending my furlough indefinitely. But it’s all good though. I got nothing but time. Anyway, I felt the same way you did about the cost of courses, until I found this guy Tyllionaire on YouTube, who basically gave away the Forex game for free!! I was able to complete babypips in a month, and I already had experience as a stock trader, so Forex transitioned easily. I’ve been able to follow the fundamentals, especially with trailing stops (those help!!!). However, I just have to work on patience, because the markets are ALWAYS ranging, and also factoring in the broker spreads on my trades. I gotta tell you, I did blow up my account a few times, but recently, because of me using trailing stops, I’ve been able to keep more profits. Lastly, I would definitely look at the various economic reports and compare them to market sentiment . As I witnessed today, the reports had little effect on a market with pent-up demand and anxiety, but is not always the case. Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Thank you much appreciated the insight,I’m still trading on a demo account but soon I hope to start trading live,hopefully with studying I’ll be able to make a livin6from this,but I’m going to need a mentor along the way,someone who I can turn to when I need help

2 Likes

You’re welcome, and you actually reminded me to practice more on demo, so thank you too!!

How long have you been trading friend

not well. i’ve gotten to the point where I feel like the whole forex game is against me. Most of my trades go against me, even though I checked my indicators and the set up was just right.

I decided to scale back my positions and just trade the minimum lot, just so I can practice the technique. I need to reassess everything for a little while. It sucks right now.

But, I want to make adjustments, not quit.

How’s it going with you over there?

It’s ok where are you from ?

Hello! Just signed up today. I cant figure out why when I click start quiz I cant access it. Only one and that is the support quiz.

You can start with babypips online course for beginners. Keep on exploring about forex and grasp whatever you think is useful.

Wish you luck!