New to trading and still learning

Hello everyone
I’m new and still learning how to trade. I got scammed once already by this lady I met through Instagram in a website called livetradingfx.com not sure if anyone has ever heard of that and now this other person also claims to that she can trade and make some money on this site has anybody else ever experienced this site?Xpresstradeoption

Sad world we live in , never yep seen a single trainer / signal service on the Land of make Believe or what you call Instagram. Learn the craft and it can reward and you come to the right place to learn

1 Like

Hi, indeed you are in good place :slight_smile: Regards Greg

Thank you … I look forward to learning more in this site.

So sorry about it

learning is important , there is no way to ignore but according to me , despite of having much learning trading can be useless if there is no regular practice.

learn from own mistake , i think its the best source ., and never do same mistake again, if you do , then remember its not a mistake its a choice.

1 Like

@Lang15

Couldn’t agree more.

There was a time when people came to trading out of a curiosity and developed a love of the markets.

These days I just see it advertised as a get rich quick scheme for those wanting to escape a hum drum existence.

If the old exchange and mart magazine were still going I’m sure we would be seeing Forex ads take up all the classifieds

When I started learning to trade I was in awe of all the great sub topics in this field - yes including the funnymentals.

These days newbies want all the short cuts without putting in any of the deep learning required.

And there lack of effort, and no real love for the markets will mean they fail.

I have no idea about the site being asked about. But as someone about to start developing my own forex trading Facebook page (to help by blog) I am frankly appalled at what I’ve seen that goes by the name of Forex on that medium

@Johnscott31

How bad is it! I only just recently ventured into the facebook side of forex and I couldn’t believe how brazen the scammers are on some forex facebook groups (100K+ members!), they were not even trying and looks like the admins have just given up! Was super overwhelming and in your face… feel so bad for anyone actually interested who stumbles across the facebook land of the walking dead!

1 Like

@TraderEvolved

It’s beyond appalling. I don’t think anyone who genuinely has cut his or her teeth trading the markets would go anywhere needs these groups.

As for beginners yes it gives a totally false idea what trading is.

This is not to denigrate any beginners here but I’ve seen many posts even here on Babypips that kind of go ‘hi I’m new can you please show me how make 50 pips every day because I want to quit work’

This is never the right approach - get a general idea of the markets and what they are about first.

I always recommend newbies to read the Jack Schwagger wizards series as a great intro into trading - that’s a proper intro - not the Facebook hucksters

@Johnscott31

Couldn’t agree more. I ventured there as I wanted to create my own page/group, similar to yourself. It’s like a full time job trying to keep the scammers out :rofl: wasn’t expecting it to be so rampant!

Yeah unfortunately that is the mentality these days… not many are willing to put in the work, with the irony being they will be working forever.

Love the wizard books!

Can you send me your blog? would love to check it out.

If you go my profile you will see the link.

Always quite shy about my blog promotion - still not quite sure where I’m going with it.

And keeping up with new content is tough.

Also it’s aimed at beginners - I don’t feel I’m qualified to talk about some of the more in-depth topics I find interesting - although that’s slowly changing.

1 Like

there is no way to stop learning ,
i have passed a long time in this market place but still learning.

Very true John , I am to say a little fed up with the world and the free lunch brigade. I have tried to connect with some of the traders on youtube and forums but when they figure out I trade for a living they dont want to know , but happy to sell me something so their intentions are not the love of the industry and on the other side bombarded with people wanting a free ride as think its a click of a button without any thought.

I run a youtube channel , facebook page and a blog and to be honest I am wondering why I bother as the amount of abuse I get is beyond a joke for something that is a hobby. I try and support a charity through the work put in, as at it every day for no personal reward however that is not enough , everyday I get beg letters looking for either a hand out / freeride with no intention of offering support coupled with nasty messages and the odd death threat as seen in some rants , makes me wonder at times… Never mind rant over as had a royal time this weekend with some I know come from here which is why I rarely comment anymore. Keep trucking John we all get there in the end

3 Likes

LO try The Land of Make Believe Instagram even worse than Facebook at times the claims are outrageous , I did a vid to show the math behind making a Million as claimed as fed up with seeing it

4 Likes

Hey man, very sorry about hearing that.
Well it is really good that you have reported this website to protect other new traders like you.
My advice to you and to every new trader is to “LEARN”. Learning is the only tool that will help you reveal all these scams. Learn & learn and learn some more.

For example, this is a type of scam. Consider this, what if in a certain school the teacher told the students that he/she will give them the answer. Would it be considered a helpful teacher or just a scammer ? This teacher is a scam and must be fired because he/she didn’t teach the students how to solve problems.

So every time you see an ad telling you to invest a $300 to get $15000 in 7 days, you should consider it a scam, because first i am pretty sure you are investing in something you don’t know anything about yet and it will not help you to learn how to trade.

So that is why learning is the key to financial freedom. Please don’t invest in something you don’t know anything about and don’t turn your money to people to manage it for you.

3 Likes

You havee to learn properly before investing your real money in this risky platform. You can learn forex from a demo account. It is one of the most effective way to learn forex perfectly.

2 Likes

I think the best way to learn forex perfectly is a demo account. I also learned forex from a demo account.

2 Likes

Thank you . Any recommendations on a type of platform for demo accounts that are trusted sites?

You can download the platform MT5 and get the MetaQuote demo account
You can download the platform MT4 and get the Oanda demo account