New trader - simplicity - what are your thoughts?

Hi guys,

New to forex trading. Started the School of Pipsology course and liking it.

My vision: Have a trading strategy that’s solid and simple. Not relaying on too many indicators and get very conformable with the fundamentals.

After finishing this course what is a good resource / person to continue with to develop a solid and simple style of trading? Anyone shares the same feelings?

Also just out curiosity what’s the monthly or yearly percentage that seems reasonable to gain in profits when you have a solid approach?

Thanks guys,
Talk later,
Peng

You can check Trading Discussion section (including old threads) of BabyPips Forum with the details; you’ll get so many solid info’s for sure.

no need to find out old threads ,
just move on and
you all find all materials you want right now.

Your vision is really good. Welcome to babypips.

Nice to see, you are conscious on your learning process; keep updating your progress.

My own personal philosophy is that oneself is the most valuable teacher/mentor in learning to trade. There are so many scams and false information out there to weed through.

There’s a lot of good information too. You just have to test the strategies and practice for yourself. One of the best places Ive gotten my ideas from are searching forums.

Simplisity is important in any sphere, and especially in trading.
Most of the newbie traders believe that dozens of indicators are necessary to make trading decision. At the same time, professional mostly trade using flat charts with only few indicators. It seems like simply strategies work better because there are less elements that can stop working if the market conditons would change.

You cannot really predict how much you would make by next summer in the market, a lot can happen within the shortest period of time. The principle is to stay true to what you do and hope for the best.

I am also like trading with simplicity, like as many other beginners, first want to looking the best one system trading, but eventually after feeling confuse to finding the best one but not found, the trading with own style with simple trading, and about target, there is no specific target,just trying improve strategy

Sounds great really , because you have a great thinking about your learning approach , this mentality can make you knowledgeable. Good move

How much you will earn is really and only upon you. Just avoid to be greedy and take too much risks. If you have a strategy that brings positive pips than stick to it. Use demo account to investigate new trading techniques and see if you can perform better

Every trader is somehow different and thereby when you are planning to work with some trading style you must give significance of your own abilities and trading needs. Yes, you can check what the experts usually favor but as a part term trader and retail trader I use various short term trading strategies.