Newb questions from a brit

Hello chaps,UK newbie looking for some answers /Help?

Firstly are demo accounts delayed to real time ,I notice that ig is 3 minutes behind the clock on my laptop phone etc,I also noticed that charts between trading 212 and ig are way out on time prices etc .
i am new after spending 4 months researching many youtube guides , and playing on demos etc.
P.s ihave had some good proffits in demos etc ,But i do not trust demo wins as shortly after i get messages to open up live accounts lol …

secondly ,I dont like meta trader at all ,trading 212 is poor imo ,It is a Very basic platform… I like tradingviewUK ,But what brokers use it in the UK?
Any help with a good fca platform broker would be much appreciated .
i will not be going live UNTIL i find a well respected firm i can feel confident in .
Are there any UK forums i notice this must be a US site .

Thanks for the use of the free training on here .

cheers

Hey Lingus,

From the UK here, too.

I’m not sue about IG, which are a spread betting provider if i remember correctly - but all MT4/MT5 and cTrader platforms that I have used in margined FX accounts within Demo do indeed mirror live data feed.

Take a look at FXpro, link below. Perhaps one of the UKs most trusted retail brokers and fully regulated globally. I only suggest this as i’ve used them for quite some time and have no problems with price feeds, deposits or withdrawals; which is quite a different story according to many oversea foreign retail brokers.

Thank you ,i have not reviewed these yet ,So will now .
All the best.

Good to see a fellow Brit on here.

If you want to learn more via videos, this is by far the best channel on YouTube.

As for brokers, I was with FxPro for many years until they capped leverage at 1:30 - which might be fine for you, in that case, they are a good broker with good support and helpful account managers.

I’ve been with IC Markets for nearly a year now.

This is my live account.

Hi pal ,I have watched most of those vlogs ,He is very good ,Kind of reminds me of the guy from 8 out of 10 cats do countdown ,I started winning after watching them ,I will take a look at the platform you are using later on .Thanks & all the best

what the name of the channel? I’m at work so I can’t access Youtube

Ukspreadbetting .
Great youtube page
Cheers

This site is US based, but there are lots of Brits on here (me, for instance!). I haven’t found a half-decent UK trading forum, hence have been on here for some years. Trading is a global thing, makes no difference to the chart where you’re sitting when you trade it. So I’d recommend sticking with BP.

I took a look ,You are trying to sell a tool /system.
Honestly and no disrespect ,It looks like the time shares dried up kind of videos hahaha

1 Like

What BP???

BabyPips:grinning:

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the question.

Looks like he was asking what BP is from this one:

1 Like
  1. No, demo account should not be delayed to real time.
  2. What do you mean by out on time prices?

He must mean baby pips .

behind other platforms .

I see. If your candles are different may be because of the time zones different platforms are tied to. Not all platforms are bound to the GMT.

no - if you find one that is, avoid that broker

yes - bad platform and terrible broker - avoid

well judged, here - MT is horrible

yes - Oanda(UK) offers it as what they call their “advanced charting” - they don’t actually call it TradingView, but that’s exactly what it is, simply a white-label version of the TradingView platform, and they’re also a good, honest broker

excellent and recommended

problem solved (at least, for me, it would be)

yes, there’s one called trade2win - it includes forex and many other kinds of trading, also

1 Like

I myself use Oanda and other than a little qualms I have with them as far as

**Price signals are only achievable from your phone & not your actual platform at this current moment.
**Mobile/Desktop prices lag 0.6-0.8 with the mobile being slower especially during peak times.
**Customer support via email usually isn’t the fastest.

I tried oanda ,I can only test demo on fx .If i try to use a demo on anything else it asked me to re register .I cannot find any tutorials yet .Its a weird site to me .
Cheers everyone