Newb questions from a brit

To be truly honest oanda’s web site is woeful.Round and round in circles no guides .
horrible lol

Site is definitely requires some modern modifications.
I’d recommend only if you know what you’re doing. If you are also planning on learning from Oanda I’d say don’t do it. Their resources/learning is jumbled and not easy to follow.

I know my way around tradeview ,I am not looking for how to trade tutorials ,but how to use there poxy site lol

Oh shit yeah that’s something else. I myself use the desktop platform cause their online version is just horrid to me honestly.

that is what i downloaded ,But it is just fx nothing else to play with lol

Yeah it’s literally just the fxtrade platform with the advanced charting and all that (which is just their version of trading view). What are you trying to do?

1 Like

i was hoping it had indicies or canadian mj everything for that matter .This is what’s annoying about trying to get into trading in the UK .Its ridiculous trying to find an honest descent platform and broker all in one …

Ahhhhhh now I see your dilemma. Yeah oanda is definitely way more conservative in that area. Did you possibly check ICMarkets? I know they’re regulated in Australia so I’m not exactly certain if it’s compatible with UK residents but I remember last time they had indices and CFDs.

I will have a look now .

I also tried IG & hated the demo for restricting buying shorts etc ,How can you practice with such restrictions in a Demo account haha …

I may just give up and start investing in a new business .This is a nightmare game fraught with scammers and dodgy platforms .

Cheers

Definitely also my friend told me about HYCM you might want to do your research but they’re UK regulated.

1 Like

Will check them out ,Cheers

1 Like

@Lingus, also have a look at Pepperstone. Based and regulated in Australia. MT4, MT5, CTrader platforms are offered along with good leverage.
Cheers

1 Like

Honestly ,I am Not liking MT4 OR MT5 ,What is Ctrader like compared to tradeview?

This is why i want more than forex .
This is trading 212 app ,The apps better than the webpage ,I do not trust T212 after reading reviews .I had weeks of loses and loses ,Then started doing ok .
50k acount ,Tried diferent ways and leverages .
Now i know some will say its poor ,But i did a few good wins and feel i need a good live account after xmas ,Especially before brexit …
Anyone else know any good safe platforms please chip in
Cheers

I don’t use TradeView but it does look the business from what I have seen.

Ctrader 3.3 makes MT4 and MT5 look like an arcade game…something out of the 1980’s.
It has a much better interface, a lot more features.

The only plus these days for MT4/5 is the sheer volume of Bots and Indicators available…staggering.

Best to download it as a Demo and have a look for yourself… It’s out of TradingView or Ctrader…

2 Likes

Dont use ic markets free demowhat nonsense that is .You cannot use it until they call you up harassing you

Demo accounts are there to learn and practice your trading skills. I think that it should be a copy of real system and should not have any delays. I think that you should try another demo account and if still profitable, test the live system :wink:

I really need to test other platforms, everybody here is just condemning MT4/MT5 which I am making use of and profiting profusely :sunglasses:

Maybe I’ll even have more success with these other state of the art platforms… just maybe.

This is deep. Ctrader 3.3 here I come