Newbie at forex

I am a new trader in forex. I have heard from some of my colleagues and friends that before start trading I have to learn about forex. Some are suggesting me to follow BabyPips, some are recommending that forex peace army are the best site for learning and so on. Can someone suggest me specifically which site I should follow to learn about forex and in which sector should I focus to learn about forex.

Welcome Logan.

Without sounding rude, I would highly recommend you take some time scrolling through the Beginner Questions to see how other people have answered this very common question.

1 Like

Logan_Gabriel

mate,

1. I’ve never heard of Forex Peace Army, I just went there to have a look, i literally got 4 Pops ups in a space of 15 seconds (NEED I SAY MORE)

now, in fairness to them, they do say they keep the site free by popping up ads, but
Baby Pips is also free to learn and we don’t get pop ups every few seconds… do we

1. do what @TomGaffney has told you to do

2. a bit of advice. As a Beginner… Show that you are prepared to put in effort and to learn,
    People will be more inclined to help you if you put in effort
    We’ve put in our time, We Expect you to put in yours (Fair’s Fair)

now let’s address your questions

THIS IS CORRECT, you have to learn before you can trade live
Like anything, if you want to be a mechanic, you have to go to school to learn how a car works.

Let me give a better answer than… FOLLOW THIS ONE

Mate, in forex you are going to ask many many times
Which site should i follow
which indicator should i use
which lot size should i choose
what Platform should i use , MT-4 or C Trader
which tester should i use
etc etc etc

ALL THESE ANSWERS CAN BE SUMMARIZED LIKE THIS

• Think for yourself, Take Advice, but THINK FOR YOURSELF
  • TEST EVERYTHING
    if it’s a indicator, TEST IT
    if it’s 2 TEST BOTH
    if it’s a broker TEST THEM
    if it’s a site to learn from TEST BOTH AND SEE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE and which works for you

does that help ?

1 Like

You must study all the trends in terms of the market, and you know its causes and consequences, read the forums for the beginners so that you can train in terms of trading. Regards!

Definitely, you can start with the BabyPips School, and then you should open a demo account and try to make your trading system! Listen, learning is an endless process and it’s a knowledge-based profession! So, build your trading skill on technical and fundamental analysis with details and then experiment on it.

1 Like

All forum or blog is good! It all depends on your attitude and perseverance in your learning! Do not waste time and start reading.

I get that it must be tiring continuosly getting the same questions over and over
Let me change it a little
What do you usually do/follow to know how and what to do?
Every answer or example is welcome, as we begginers have to still wrap our head to most of the new things

@chistianov

Not this question again,…We get this question, over and over again

Not this question again,…We get this question, over and over again

Not this again… Make it stop :smile:

HEHE, Just messing with you mate

to answer your question

1. you should start your own thread with your own question

2.i follow a flowchart that i have perfected over a few years and that contains the steps that i need
to trade successfully

1. i know what to do FROM EXPERIENCE

Hi, I just took a look at Your peace army site - Using Firefox as a browser with privacy setting, I got no pop-ups & found some threads such as “Forex scams” which I found interesting.

Use them both mate - and don’t forget the old “Trade to Win” site as well.

@Falstaff
i thought this was worth a mention

I’ve since been back to forex Peace Army to check it out a little
upon returning, i also didn’t get pop ups, which i thought was weird (Based on my intial experience)

i tried with Firefox, i tried with Chrome, same thing
then i did this

Cleared my entire history and Cache (From the beginning of time) on both browsers
went back in
and… the pop ups happen again

i then close the browsers and open again,
and… it doesn’t happen LOL

interesting hehe

I"m not saying Malicious, I’m just saying Interesting and funny at that.
i guess i’ll check them out when i have a chance
it was just the first contact with them, i was just trying to click on EDUCATION and it was bloody irritating
every time you try to click there’sa bloody pop in your way

i thought this was worth a mention

Hello Logan; you are welcome in this financial industry! I liked your learning approach. Just keep it up! In this case, all of popular Forex forums are useful! I see, you mentioned already 2 most popular forums in your thread! Just start reading threads by using the search button according to your requirement!

Welcome to the BabyPips.com community @Logan_Gabriel! The BabyPips School of Pipsology got everything you need to get started in forex trading.

Good luck with the School and hope to hear more about your forex journey! :relaxed:

A little humor is always welcomed hehe
Thanks for the answer, pal

Sorry for the thread thing, i’ll be more carefull next time

LOL. all good mate
You’re right, Humour is good

Checked out Forex Peace Army, looks like they don’t have https. Left after seeing that hehe. Didn’t get any popups though. But maybe because I was there for 1 second.

Babypips School and Beginner Boot camp from FPA both are more appropriate for beginner level for learning most accurate basic understanding. Keep focusing on there and kick off a demo account besides this. Learning and practicing is a great combination. Good luck