Newbie from RSA

Hi baemax023. Thank you for the warm welcome :smiley:I traded Demo for 6 months to 8 months before going live agin this year. I took demo lightly at first and I would often switch to live trading. I learnt my lessons and focused on demo until I was settled on a trading system and had a going Trading Journal.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I look forward to learning from you and others.

1 Like

Welcoooome @TNMabusela! :smiley:

How long have you been trading live? :smiley: How long did you trade on demo before going live? :open_mouth: Huhu. I’ve been concerned about this for a while now. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I traded demo for about six months. Until I hade the confidence in my strategy and I could keep a trading journal.

1 Like

Ooooh! :smiley: Thanks for answering. :blush: Haha. I hope your live trading’s going well! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @TNMabusela! How has your live trading been so far? I’ve been demo trading for more than 6 months and I feel like I’d be more serious if I opened a live account with a small balance.

Good luck on your trading journey. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Live trading is going well. I have my risk management in order. I actually doubled my account last week.

As far as taking it serious, I think you should take it serious on demo first. Don’t think of demo as fake, treat that money like you earned it, there are many lessons that will surface.

2 Likes

Thanks @TNMabusela. I’m finding it hard to be more focused in putting in trades and I feel it’s because I know it isn’t real money anyway. But I understand what you mean and thanks for reminding me. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community - how are your trades going?

I find that it is very true that there are differences between trading on demo and real account. Somehow, real account is much more emotional for me, as I am aware that I play with my real money. When I lose, it really hearts me.

Do you have a trading journal here? :slight_smile:

a good way to make you take it more seriously is start a real account but only deposit a small amount and be prepared to loose it as you inevitably will. this will help you with the emotions of real money as it is a very different feeling to demo.

1 Like

I like your focus and attitude towards trading, pipsologist guy. Glad you started with risk management.

If anyone here do not treat demo a real account in their mind, try cent account, that’s how I started and looking back, I’ve made a wise choice. It’s important to treat trading real when you want to take it a serious business.

1 Like

Thanks @paulap. I feel like I’ll work harder if I know that it’s real money I’m dealing with. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yes this is how i feel too

Did you start with real money from the beginning? :blush:

almost the beginning, i used demo just work out how to actually use mt4 and place trades then used a really small live account

@paulap How much is small? I’m wondering if I should try that too.

£20 to start off with, only took 1 trade at a time at 0.01