Newbie saying Hi

Hi all! Hope everyone is healthy and safe - these are some wild times. Here’s my introduction and a little about my motivations.

So I’m a science grad, graduated in 2018. My plan has always been to study medicine (it still is) - helping others and science/anatomy and physiology have always been my passions and being a doctor combined these well along with being able to immerse myself in a challenging environment.

I’m looking into trading as it’s something I’ve been interested for a while - I’ve always been really good with numbers and patterns and feel like it’s something I would really enjoy. Part of the reason I’m not already a qualified doctor is because there has always been a small voice telling me to live my life and explore (not necessarily other career option but to get out and see the world). I have always cherished experience over money. I have been lucky enough to experience things, people, places that many aren’t able to; and while this helps many to decide how they want to spend the rest of their lives - it didn’t for me. With trading there is potential to make a living working a fraction of the hours a doctor would. If all goes well the goal is to work part time in healthcare and subsidise with trading the early hours. This will give me the freedom to enjoy life, have a family etc., while doing something I’m passionate about.

Moreover, I love learning, but hate education. Would happily pick up a book or move to another country to learn their language or buy a guitar and spend time improving. Trading is how I see those others skills - an opportunity to learn a skill that I’ll be able to utilise regardless of where I end up in 5/10 years. So if I’m willing to spend years of my life in education then I’ll happily tack on some extra hours regularly learning how to trade.

I have a year before I start my course and plan on moving back home to commit to this. Whether I learn a lot and can pay for my degree or make every wrong move I will treat it like a part time job while I’m studying and keep on learning. I appreciate that this takes time. I have the rest of my life to nail this.

Thanks for reading! Please say hi!