Newbie: Seeking for advice

Welcome to the forum. From my point of view, working with more than one indicator can actually help you to work efficiently as relying on one indicator can be risky. I favor candlestick charting as one of the most useful tools so far. Traders can have different choice also.

I literally don’t think I have ever even bothered opening a 1 minute chart in all the years I have been trading. Respect to those who can make that work!

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile: There’s so much info on what indicators I have to use. I don’t know anymore what to use. Hoping I can develop my own trading plan/system.

Hello! I’d appreciate it much if you can suggest a book as you said. :slight_smile:

There are so many indicator available in forex trading platform, I think better to understand about function each indicator, and trying that necessary to use because if using so many indicator beside make you felt confuse also will make slow responding platform trading, and with longtime experience seriously learning, you will find something lesson on your trading journey

1 Like

Using too many indicators at the same time make beginners confuse most of the time, so make sure specific indicator and focus on this. hope , it will bring something good.

1 Like

What do you think is the easiest indicator to understand?

For basic price action, i suggest reading The Candlestick Trading Bible by munehisa homma, for mind setting, Ego is the enemy by ryan holiday and New Market Wizards by jack schwager. There are a lot other books but that list is a good start. Happy reading! you can search for fx trade hall in facebook for more reading material. enjoy learning!

1 Like

Different indicators work better on different time frames. Any indicator you use is meant to help you in your decision on what, how or if you want to trade a particular pair. Price moves only 3 ways: Up, Down or Sideways. I started with this and I use it today. 3 ,moving averages on a 1 hour time frame as an anchor to give me an idea of where price is intraday. If price is above its moving up, below it’s moving down lines are close sideways.

But you can use:CCI, MACD, ZIG Zag, etc. to give you same info. There’s indicators for Trend, Strength, Cycle, Support and Resistance. All meant to help you with should I or shouldn’t I take this trade or any trade.

Hope that helps.
Gp

1 Like

The Candlestick Trading Bible is an excellent suggestion,that’s one of my current reads right now

1 Like

First book now added to my trading wishlist. Thanks.

Thanks for bringing the topic @Gly , never realise that I needed this.
Welcome to Babypips.

1 Like

There is nothing easiest chapter in this trading place, every faction in here contains huge risk, so make sure good practice for indicator or strategy. Hope, you will bring good result from trading.

Also, for anyone that doesn’t mind reading books online, pdfdrive.com is a great site to download FREE books :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are awesome, now I’m able to save a lot of money. Thank you for $50 rewards today. I got all I want. :laughing:

1 Like

LOL no problem, I’m all about saving money, especially now before I go LIVE with my trading

1 Like

Hello
Could please stop offering my own work for free ? otherwise i will report you to the admin

no problem. And by the way, the actual author of the ‘ebook’ is a member of this site. He has asked me to stop sharing, but it is an ebook. It is NOT illegal to share an ebook with others lol its the same thing as if someone buying a physical book in the store and giving it to someone else, or letting others borrow the book.

If you’re ‘selling’ an ebook to people online, they can do whatever they want with it after that purchase. So if you didn’t want your book getting sent to dozens or even hundreds of people, you should have created a physical version of your book to sell.

Oh that’s what I’m also thinking, if the owner makes their own e-book system or release through Kindle, this book would never be free today. I don’t know how we got pdf here. We are just helping people, that’s what community is for.

@chris-100 I appreciate your great work, but you cannot control people who got pdf from someone or some websites but you can control the system or sought legal thing against website who started it.

@justshell didn’t give me ebook actually, he gave all of us a recommendation here:

It’s not even illegal to share others the pdf here. I got it from google after he recommended me the book name (don’t remember the exact location where I got it from), and then I shared the pdf here. Where is illegal from his side, or even my side?

Nevertheless, I understood your concern and will not share from now on. Also I’ve deleted that file I shared here. :slight_smile:

EDIT: looks like I’m not allowed to delete here.

EDIT: finally deleted. Thanks moderator.

1 Like

One way to simplify your trading is through a trading plan that includes chart indicators and a few rules as to how you should use those indicators. In keeping with the idea that simple is best, there are four easy indicators you should become familiar with using one or two at a time to identify trading entry and exit.

For sure, any trading strategy should be simple enough. It is important to avoid the “overloading” of the charts with numberous indicators - it is a common mistake, especially among newbie traders. Each time adding new information to the chart, think about how exactly you would use it.