Newbie skeptical after backtesting

Thanks for your response. Going to live trade it and see where it goes…

throw it at a wall and see if it sticks.

you came to the wrong place to find intel.

yes such results are very possible. from the technical side demo and real trading (in small position numbers like €10/pip) are very much the same in execution and speed etc etc. no difference.

from psychological they differ a lot.

just try it out with €10.000 and see if it works.

practical experiment over theory- best approach ever! (unless you want to find out the effects of a gun bullet through your head, there pls only theory no experiments)

1 Like

It depends on how many trades, and whether it’s a statistically significant number. And it depends on other stuff like the position-size as well. And especially the spreads/commissions. +1200 points doesn’t look so clever if you’re scalping for 1 pip each time, and haven’t deducted the dealing costs of 1.5 pips and/or slippage of 2 pips per trade, does it? And if it’s over a small number of trades, it may not be reliable enough and the next 5 trades might all lose?

I’m not saying I imagine all that’s so, just explaining why Charlie’s right to mention that “it depends”.

Very amusing. (At least I hope it’s meant to be amusing!! :dizzy_face: ).

1 Like

ehm… no? wasnt meant to be amusing. you want to tell me you aint got 10k spare money laying around? heh… then you are definately in the very wrong industry mate :smile: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

as i said, you at the very wrong place to get intel @apinkdog

just try it with real money, thats the best way to know.

Very true @WestBam, especially when certain people pi$$ into the wind with nostalgic advice - no names needed here.

2 Likes

Of course it’s a standard return! By the way, did you use any software or Mt4 only?

Great job! If you are honest, then I think you can go for live trading right now! All the best.

1 Like

Be careful: the OP may not have enough experience to appreciate that you’re being funny/sarcastic, here!

1 Like

One of my best friends is a financial controller so I got him to create a spreadsheet and run the data through there. I then manually back tested it to check the spreadsheet numbers were correct .

I forgot to mention that return is with 1:100 leverage. If 1:1 I think It works out as about 10% return. Add leverage in it goes stupid percent.

(Also they averaged 65 trades) per pair

But I think 10 months is a good enough time to develop any trading strategy or system!

Do you mind sharing the strategy, as I would like to back test it as well, thank you

sorry but I want to keep it to myself until I have tested it further on more years and indexes outside of forex

if its good and works- dont share it to anyone.

a good meant tip/hint. keep it a secret.

1 Like

Some discord I have. I don’t think so 10 months is a big deal to ensure maximal result by any specific trading strategy. Minimum 2 years needed to earn 70-85% profit if you works in a specific trading techniques. Please don’t take it personally , I have said according to me

1 Like

It’s enough time if you make it enough time. What other people have done has NOTHING to do with you

1 Like

wise men don’t speak

That’s the point, thank you very much for your pinion!

€10,000 is too much money for someone who has never placed a live trade to play with. A mini or micro account, trading in single lots is more useful. I remember losing hundreds of dollars in live trades as a newbie, just because I didn’t know the quirks of the bisiness. And then I took my own advice. I traded a micro account to get familiar with live execution.

1 Like

I have never found at any beginner trader who already successful by large amount in Forex. as a newcomer I always thinking $5000 is the perfect amount to earn maximal result. But when I kicked off live account with $3000 fall a great trouble and ultimately lost whole balance. Overtrading , hedging , revenge trading , emotions and lack of discipline was the main reasons for losing. That’s why I always prefer micro account then large amount for newbie.

1 Like