Newbie to Forex

Hello everyone,

I’m Stacey and am a complete newbie to Forex trading. I stumbled upon Forex while being “recruited” for an IM Academy presentation. There were too many red flags for me, but I was intrigued by the aspect of trading foreign currency and wanted to learn more. While searching I came across a bulletin board (reddit?) and someone mentioning learning through babypips - and so here I am.

With lockdowns back in place where I’m from (Bermuda) I figure it would give me a good incentive to learn a new trade/skill.

Look forward to learning and chatting along with you all.

Cheers

1 Like

Welcome. This is a great learning site - and the courses are free.
best of luck.

1 Like

Hello and welcome Stacey. As a beginner best thing to do is follow School of Pipsology course. When you complete it you’ll have a really good theoretical knowledge. While doing that start demo trading too. keep trading for at least a few months to build up your confidence and then think of starting with real money.

While doing these find any and every PDF, YouTube video , website, blog article you can find and keep learning.

Good Luck!
Nick.

1 Like

Thank you. Started School of Pipsology today.

Thank you for the advice Nick1864.
Are there any recommendations on which YouTube channels, websites or books I should check out first? I know YouTube can be pretty hit or miss, but just wanted to know who are your go-tos?

1 Like

Youtube channels - I’ve seen in few places members here recommended Channel “TastyTrade” and I’ve been looking at “Option Alpha” too. There’s another one “It’s Trading Time” and from Quora answers I found these four channels " Adam Khoo / Bob Booker Trading / UKspreadbetting / and Karen Foo" even though I haven’t check them yet, Planning on doing that. Is there any channel you found interesting other than these? Please let me know about it too

Websites - Babypips, Forex factory and Investopedia (If there’s more you found intereesting mention those too)

Books - Check this post

A member here started this and many contributed. You’ll find a ton of books here. I’m also using this as a guide and trying to find any books from here and read them.
(If you have any specific book/s you found helpful mention those too)

1 Like

The YouTube channel Trading Rush is a great resource too

2 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely check it out.

Wow! Thank you for this list of resources :blush:
I’ve just started the School of Pipsology, so I’m a new, Newbie starting at ground zero, so I don’t have any suggestions to offer yet. When I come across any, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

It’s great that you are starting your career as a forex trader. I am sure that you would have already started to work on your trading plan so that you are not clueless when you are in the market trying to make money. Do lots of learning because that’s what will help in the end.