Newbie to Forex

Hey there!

I’m new to trading forex. I tried to get my feet wet a 2 years ago but I expected overnight success. I told myself at the beginning of this year that I would try again.

After weeks of YouTube videos, I was even less confident than when I first started. So I decided I needed a course. Preferably one that would test and quiz me, so I know that I’m comprehending.

I started seeing price tags for trading courses and decided to go back to YouTube. One video mentioned babypips and now I’m here.

Please help if you like, I’m pretty open minded and willing to listen.

2 Likes

Avoid youtube and social media. Learn from a real person in your area.

try babypips.com/school.

Both YouTube and Babypips are good sources for learning. I also learned from both of them.

1 Like

Hey. Good news is you now have the right mindset to become successful. Do more of what works and less of what doesn’t

Your biggest challenge by far is being able to understand yourself, and being able to ccontrol your emotions. The critical lesson is to learn HOW NOT TO LOSE MONEY. Money and risk management are key.

Which means cutting losses, cutting losses, cutting losses, and letting winning trades run. Easier said than done - that’s why emotional control will define whether you’ll become successful or not.

1 Like

I myself learned most of the stuff from YouTube and Babypips. Focus on fundamentals and technicals analysis tools. Just learn a few technical indicators and use them consistently. I will improve your trading results.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @smpips5!

Check out this post, It might give you some sources to follow.

Thank you 1st day here and a lot of advertisements.

Hmm. :thinking: Forex is not something that would make you rich overnight, or even at all. But I’m glad that even if you learned that the hard way, you’re still giving it another go. There are definitely a lot of paid courses out there, but even more free resources! I suggest that you maximize those that are free before even considering paying for anything. :thinking: Good luuuck! :smiley: Do you plan on creating a trading journal?

You got it, Keep pushing most definitely!