Newbie trying to learn

Hello everyone My name is Kevin & I’m from Texas I recently got introduced to forex a couple months ago. They say everything happens for a reason I’m 25 yrs old & I have a brother that was diagnosed with a brain tumor & has surgery performed 3 weeks ago. Sadly he will be unable to work for a very long time my father was laid off after 30+yrs of work so I hope to get to learn from everyone here on how to become a great trader I have a family back home that depends on me. Hope everyone has an amazing day!

2 Likes

Sorry to say this but you need to find a job and work. It’s less pressure and guaranteed income. its going to take a while before you become profitable and you cant afford to lose any money testing out the market. In the meantime do the babypips course and trade demo. Bye.

2 Likes

Whilst i wish you sincerely every success in your endeavours, i suspect, in an industry where some 70-80% actually lose their money, the probability of success is rather low.

To achieve a level of consistent earnings will require a lot of time and effort to acquire a trading strategy and understand the principles of risk and exposure control and management of funds.

But it is not impossible and i really hope you learn your way through the process - i just wouldn’t like to personally encourage you in a direction that, statistically, most likely will not end well, when your family’s capital needs are so vital at this time!

1 Like

Hi Kevin -

Find the simplest long-term strategy you can and demo it until you understand how it works. Then trade it with very small stakes until you understand why it works when it does and why it doesn’t work when it fails. And from these things, what sort of strategy would suit you better and what sort of features it should have. Right now, learn about learning about strategies.

Don’t bother trying daytrading until you’re making money.
Good luck.

2 Likes

I have a great job right now I’m an appliance tech I make roughly anywhere from 2-3k a week. I work on my own time so I have all the time in the world to learn it. I will study it & hopefully I’ll catch on in the future. Thanks for the replies & the advice from you guys.

Got a bit worried there, I thought you were going to rely completely on forex trading. Working on your own time and learning how to trade on the side sounds like a great combo. Good luck and I wish your brother complete recovery!

will pray for your brother. i hope we all find succeess in forex trading !

This just doesnt make sense. You gave us your back story, said your family now rely on you and you want to learn forex. But you already make 2-3k a week and work in your own time. Some people make that in 1-2 months. So you want to give up a easy going job with excellent pay to trade forex. Something just doesnt sound right, how much do you want to make then if 3k is not enough in a WEEK. People go to forex because we cant make that from our jobs, you’re already making it. Bro, what’s your game…

Hey if you got all the time in the world. Use that time to find a mentor. By mentor I mean someone you can sit with (physically) and learn from. Take same trades, ask questions, make profits and losses together, your profits should be more than the loss though.

Think of it as learning on the job of some sort. In reality no profitable trader will have the time to lecture you from scratch so you have to learn the basics by yo self.

For someone with zero experience in trading, finding a mentor as I described is the first step.