Newbies.... Stop being befuddled by charts

@Trendswithbenefits

I haven’t been trading through the holidays but I thought of this question while I was away:

I’m just trying to understand the indicator/strategy a bit more. What makes the line color change? I understand it represents a trend change but I was curious what specifically makes it change from green to red and vice versa.

Thank you!

Anyone using the MA Slope Strategy would have fared better than most in the aftermath of the Yen Flash Crash. This strategy along with CSW Analytics confirmed the market sentiment prior…

Above - NZDJPY (1 Hour Chart) signalled ~12 hours !.. prior a shorting opportunity was present…

Above - CADJPY (1 Hour Chart) signalled ~2 hours !.. prior a shorting opportunity was present…

Above - USDJPY (1 Hour Chart) signalled ~2 hours !.. prior a shorting opportunity was present…

Standard WMA9 setting… So… so… Simple…

1 Like

Well… I downloaded and implemented the moving average color indicator that @Trendswithbenefits kindly linked to:

RESULT: During this past week (Jan 7 - Jan 11 2019) I placed orders without paying much attention on my demo account

To my surprise, out of the 11 orders that I placed, 9 of them won me around 100 pips on the 1 hour chart

After digging around, I figured out that the colored indicator was based on a 10-period WEIGHTED moving average.

I’m still trying to figure out what is taken into account when the color changes… some kind of angle??

Soooo I will now experiment with that 10 WMA by addin it to my usual analysis and see how it turns out.

Cheers!

Hello Trend,

Can i please get your Ctrade MA slope indicator. Can’t seem to find something similar to the one your have.

Cheers !

So I’ve been using this in demo. Like it a lot!

Finding the accumulation of Pips is a lot easier with this strategy. However, I’m falling prey to not closing trades on time.

I either have to set a trailing stop at a particular point. Have a specific Target of pips and close or close when the MAs change color.

Thanks for sharing this strategy @Trendswithbenefits!

KC

Hello Nankew! were you able to find a similar indicator that Mr.Trends uses for cTrader? i have been looking with no luck :frowning:

hi forex traveller

unfortunately no luck. still waiting. I think mr trends plate is maybe full at the moment

Ahh alright. We shall wait.

Also, do you by any chance know the math behind the color MA slope? i am a programmer by trade and i can most likely code it.

Cheers

hi forex traveller.

unfortunately not. when it comes to programming and automated trading I am a complete idiot

I am still demo but have had a great ride on the GBP/ AUD, CAD & USD!

Patience seem to be key!

thanks @Trendswithbenefits!

KC

1 Like

Such a simple strategy… No guessing required…

Change of direction @ 8.00am (UTC11) EURUSD on the 1 hour TF.

1 Like

Greetings @Trendswithbenefits. I’ve really gotten the hang of this system and really enjoy it. I see massive potential with it. Thanks for sharing.

I have been using the indicator you provided for metatrader earlier in the thread. Just downloaded cTrader and I’m in love with the platform, but can’t find the colored MA. Couldn’t find it after a search on cTrader’s website either. Care to help a newbie trader out? :grinning:

@Trendswithbenefits Complete newbie here (but well read!)
Very drawn to your system as I like the clean simplicity of it - thanks for taking the time to share it.

I am demoing on oanda’s web platform but unfortunately because I use Linux, I am unable to use Market plug-ins on MT4 or use cTrader desktop unless I switch to Windows :roll_eyes:.

Is there a way to do this without the colour change (some sort of marker for direction change?) or if anyone knows of any other solution.
Thanks!

@Trendswithbenefits
Do i buy if the price goes above the 20 ma but the ma is still red? or do i ONLY buy if the price goes above the 20 ma AND the ma is green?

A clean long term (20) display of the EURUSD… Finding profit where some other strategies fail.

Change of direction 4th Feb @ 8.00am (UTC11) EURUSD on the 1 hour TF.

Started trading demo acct 11/30/18. I am trying to upload my account history and current positions. I’m not to tech Savvy. My closed losses are minimal compared to my profits. But my drawdown on some current postions might be horrifying to some.

My major DD is in the USD/MXN which was one of my first “grids” in this account. Got a little too excited and placed too many too close together. Rrram2 warns against this! Funny how I can “know it’s hot and still touch the stove!”:laughing:

I am using a version of initial strat. @Trendswithbenefits presents in the begining of the thread. will look for color change on 9MA, lower TF 30M, 1H and look at PA & SR. I am getting better.

I have not demo’d the line graph. This is something I had planned to do but haven’t. Though I will have to use it and compare the emotional/maintenance feel. It looks like a winner to me!!

Hope to upload graphics tonight.

Great thread! It’s been very helpful for me!

KC

So you are saying not to learn charting?

Why are you saying that?

Sorry, think I was befuddled by the thread :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing. It will be helpful for me. I am a newbie :smiley: