Newbies.... Stop being befuddled by charts

sir can i have a copy of your MA20 Slope indicator for ctrader? please please

Been using this system with decent results. What moving average period do you guys find to work best for you? i have had success with 8, 12 and 24

Also what type of moving average are you guys using? i am trying out Tilson T3 moving average and it seems to be smoother but works better on the 4hr time frame.

I am trying to optimize this strategy what level of success are you guys having? i am up around 6% from last month

1 Like

@Trendswithbenefits Sorry forgot to add you to my original post above :slight_smile:
cheer!

1 Like

i hope this is very good

Been using this strategy and have been having decent success. i lose more than i win but my wins are usually 4-5 times the size of my losses. Just trust the indicator

My Learning: KEEP AN EYE ON THE NEWS !!!
my longest string of losses came from not paying attention to the news. i am thinking about adding a new rule where i avoid trading during heavy news days.

How is this strategy running for you guys? would love to collaborate and improve

@Trendswithbenefits cheers !

Hi @ForexTraveller, thanks for the update and happy you’re profiting from this strategy…

A way to give a little more indication of what Price Action is likely to do is to overlay a confirming WMA to the XLV4 Indicator. I normally trade the this strategy on the 4H timeframe… 1H is just for demonstration.

(AUDUSD 1 Hour - See below) XLV4 - WMA20 | White Broken Line - WMA22 or EMA20

The “Advanced Warning MA” displays if a Signal change is imminent as it crosses over the XLV4 prior as shown in the Chart above. The distance between both WMA’s also indicates the strength of any Trends that are within the Price Action… Close is a weak Trend… Away displays that a stronger Trend in progress.

This strategy had you short 2-3 hours ahead of the massive downward AUDUSD spike on the 7th Mar.

Hope this information will improve the trading success rate. Cheers

sorry i am not following. How will EMA 20 crossing XLV 20 give me an advanced warning? wont it increase fakeouts?

HI! I’m a beginner. Been following this thread. Thanks for caring about beginners. Please teach me how you use the Strong Weak currency strength strategy along with this 20 SMA. I just started working on the 20 SMA…

Thanks for your response.

Hi @NuminousC, go across to the thread below to see how to find and apply resources for Strong/Weak analysis.

A more in depth strategy, see Dennis’s SWA Thread (Below)… a lot of reading but well worth the time spent.

This should give you a good understanding of how Strong Weak Currency Strength Strategy works.

1 Like

Okay. Thank you.

Please do I need to register with Finviz? Is the delayed data still useful?

Thank you.

This was very usefullll

The Sassan FX1 YouTube Channel is demonstrating his version of my XLV4 Strategy. (See Below)

For MT4 uses Sassan FX1 is offering the Indicators and Templates for FREE (Follow the link below)

How to trade using the Relax System. (Follow the link below)

He’s calling this strategy the “Relax System”… an appropriate name for such a simple easy way to trade.

1 Like

Still one of the top 3 threads ever made on this website, to me.

@Trendswithbenefits , check out Alex Grover’s Modular Filter on tradingview https://www.tradingview.com/script/06pNDfyd-Modular-Filter-Spot-Trends-And-Smooth-Price/

Same concept as yours - colored MA. Tweak the settings, because it can turn into something amazing. Keep it hush though, don’t want too many finding out about it :wink: try it with the setting 20 - 0.8 and feedback weighing at 0.5 on a 4hr chart…

1 Like

Thanks @ItsJoeyTheTrader, Although it’s not rocket science… this concept just cuts through all the candle noise and lets you see what is happening with the trend… I don’t believe I was the first with this indicator… just the first here on BP… More than happy that others are demonstrating this simple to follow strategy…

Looking at the code (TradingView) Alex’s concept only triples the EMA (Hull MA) to enhance smoothing, the XLV4 (you have) allows tripling and smoothing of ALL moving averages available to Ctrader…

Alex’s Modular Filter with a Feedback setting of 0.2 almost mimics the Trend Magic Indicator which was for sale for many years for the MT4 Platform… Possibly where this idea originated.

I have developed this concept to work in MTF with the ROC, RSI, CCI, DPO and quite a few on Chart Indicators, enabling smoother movements and superior entries and exits…

1 Like

This strategy has been working just fine for me.

1 Like

I haven’t added content to this thread for over 24 months… Busy elsewhere…

A fellow trader from Europe forwarded this link to me during the week.

1000 Period SMA on the 5 min Time Frame… Results are very impressive…

As always, think outside of the box if you want to succeed in this game… Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for posting video, Tommor likes slopes, I wonder would he consider trading like this? :thinking:

Yes, I used to use the slope of the 50EMA and price’s location relative to the 50EMA as the most important criteria in determining the trend direction. However, it turns out that these two criteria were coinciding almost 100% so I ended up dropping the slope criterion.

Note that by slope I just mean upwards or downwards - the actual gradient of the slope is not helpful as this is varied by the chart software without notice when a new bar is added to the display.

Another variation on the XLV4 Indicator Strategy… Colour based entries and exits.

Watch the video to understand how this strategy can be applied to your trading. Either as a possible entry and exit or even just a confirmation signal. This was posted to YouTube 8th Sept 2022.

Link to the blog with Indicator tweaks that VP refers to (4:15) in the video.

Is this better than other MA based trend systems? I will let you decide that :slight_smile:

See Download Links below

Download Coral Indicator for MT4

Download Coral Indicator for MT5

Download Coral Indicator for Ctrader 4.1

All the hard work is done for you… Enjoy!

1 Like