NickB's 4H Scalping Method

What a condescending attitude! You come across as “the omniscient one”.

If an indicator can draw the lines, why not? If people didn’t invent “better mousetraps” we couldn’t be trading online. Perhaps you can’t code and are jealous of those, like TRO, who can. Having an indicator that checks for reasons not to enter a trade just might prevent a noob from entering a trade that on hindsight they wouldn’t have entered. If you don’t want to use indicators with your trading that is up to you. Let others make their own decisions.

How big a chart can be posted? It seems like anyone who sticks up for TRO gets viciously attacked. Then when they defend themselves, they are labeled a troublemaker and get banned. This pattern repeats itself.

TRO’s indicator has nothing at all to do with Barry’s. TRO recently posted:

Many of you already know that MP6140 has accused me of stealing Barry’s work for my support and resistance indicators. Of course, that’s a lie. All one has to do is check here on www.kreslik.com and you can see my code came from my TradeStation version of TRO DYNAMIC FIBS SR. In fact, I think it was Skyline who translated the code for me. Thanks again, Skyline. Barry’s indicator uses fractals and my indicator uses high/low so they are entirely different approaches to support/resistance. Yes, I did modify Barry’s SR indicator to have price labels, alerts and gauges. There’s nothing criminal about that. I didn’t steal from Barry and I posted the modified version for FREE.

I am not adding fuel to any fire. It just seems there are a few narrow-minded people who have nothing better to do than to start arguments over indicators. If you don’t like indicator fine, show how your method works without indicators and without putting down those who use indicators. If someone uses indicators with this method, let them post in peace. Who knows, you might see something on one of those charts with indicators that makes your trading more profitable.

Don’t be intimidated. Go ahead and write you indicator. If you share it, I’ll take a look for sure.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.

Even if you win you’re still retarded.

You contradicted yourself. “A small burst in momentum” must be detected aka seeing what price is doing. I never mentioned long term.

Something of value? Look at the chart. The green candle 3 bars ago has a red dot that is lower than the previous candles dot. That indicates new and weaker resistance. Notice how price pushed up beyond the old resistance on the next candle signaling a breakout. Price pulled back and then pushed higher and higher. The move was over 100 pips since the TRO DYNAMIC FIBS SR signaled weaker resistance. Do you see how that is “of value”?

lets be clear about something that is a variation of barrys work and avery :wink: gave me aq copy along with alot of us in the nla thread so obviously he is ultra familar with the indicator. okay and i dont care what you say it is obvious and if the language is different then fine the end result is identical.

i am not against indicators, i myself like price the most and on occasion ill use an ocilator but it is rare.

i was simply asking you not to derail this thread with nonsense but i see you are not going to let up. thats fine you can fulfill your agenda.

TRO’s indicator has nothing at all to do with Barry’s.

btw in your clip tro admits to modifying barrys s/r to add labels that is the indicator im refering to, and if its not the identical one you posted earleir than it is pretty damn close.

also mp accusaed avery of stealing all his ideas i dont know if its true or not. obviously these are 2 men with very strong ideasx and both claim to be wildy successful so hey good for them. i never said anything was criminal and frankly i like avery and his work is definatly genius so don’t think for a second that i am bashing or trying to call anybody out coz this is not the case.

can’t we all just get along?

What a profound post.

TRO has been posting that his indicator is not a variation of Barry’s. Ask TRO for yourself.

Barry’s code:

[B] val1 = iFractals(NULL, 0, MODE_UPPER,i);
if (val1 > 0)
v1[i]=High[i];
else
v1[i] = v1[i+1];

val2 = iFractals(NULL, 0, MODE_LOWER,i);
  if (val2 > 0) 
     v2[i]=Low[i];
  else
     v2[i] = v2[i+1];[/B]

TRO’s code:

[B] nHH = High[Highest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,iPeriods,i)];
nLL = Low[Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,iPeriods,i)];

DynR[i] =   nHH; 
     DynS[i] =   nLL; 

if ((DynR[i] != High[i]) && (DynR[i] < DynR[i+1]) &&  ( DynR[i+1] != 0 ))     
        DynR[i] = DynR[i+1]; 

if (( DynS[i] != Low[i]) && (DynS[i] > DynS[i+1] ) && ( DynS[i+1] != 0 )) 
        DynS[i] = DynS[i+1]; [/B]

Should be obvious that TRO’s code is not based on Barry’s code. In the chart, the diamonds are from Barry’s and the dots from TRO’s. The “end result” is not identical. See the difference? Quick lesson, by definition fractals lag. TRO’s indicator doesn’t lag. See how the candles sometimes go through Barry’s diamonds but TRO’s dots are always at the high or low of a candle that is breaking out.

Nonsense? Setting the record straight is not nonsense. Refuting half truths and lies is not nonsense.

my barry s/r doesnt have diamonds at all and all the free versions i have found on the internet are all dots.

this discussion doesn’t belong here and perhaps people should learn respect. There will always be different ways of trading there will always be “te price action camp” and there will always be “systems camp”

Avery is neither so he is caught in the middle of a very dynamic situation of being on both sides of the fence.

he believs in seeing price (no squiggly lines) and he believes in using “overlays” to show more information on one chart.

we can both exist and we can both trade and we should both show a little respect

need some help… did i plot the correct S&R?? if correct or wrong,pls show me the correct way… n where is the scalp line to place? thanx…

[QUOTE=johnnykanoo;114103]my barry s/r doesnt have diamonds at all and all the free versions i have found on the internet are all dots.

as for the code i stand corrected so publically ill say that…

[B]TRO is a unique and talented coder who found a better non lagging way to show s/r[/B]

this discussion doesn’t belong here and perhaps people should learn respect. There will always be different ways of trading there will always be “te price action camp” and there will always be “systems camp”

Avery is neither so he is caught in the middle of a very dynamic situation of being on both sides of the fence.

he believs in seeing price (no squiggly lines) and he believes in using “overlays” to show more information on one chart.

we can both exist and we can both trade3 and we should both show a little respect[/QUOTE]

If you want diamonds, just change the wingding arrow code to 119. If you have the TRO modified version set the input myWingDing = 119 ; TRO posted permission to upload this version.

TRO, please stop posting your bull**** in this thread. Your charts and indicators have NO relevance to this method or this thread.

Please keep your posts in your own threads. No “donations” to be found here, sorry.

Where is S&R on you chart?

That’s funny!!!:smiley:

We all know how I feel about TRO? What are you smoking. There isn’t one other of my post with a negative opinion of him. Like I said the indicator is worthless. I have it, it looks good in hindsight.

P.S. This is a nickb thread no one here cares about indicators or your arguments for or against them. We are all here to share inforamtion on nickb method, line trades. I invite you to go find another thread if you want to discuss your favorite indicator.

Seriously, take your garbage indicators back to your garbage thread. We watch price when trading the NickB method. Don’t turn this thread into one of the others you post all over, full of charts filled with dumbass indicators.

Phil:

What are the current scalp lines for GBP/JPY this week? Do you have any chart? I am starting to follow this thread. Thanks for all your work.

Thanks,

FX California

Too much testosterone in here.

Well, I’ll say what I really meant in not such a nice way… If you need an indicator to trade the nickb method then you may be kind of stupid. I don’t know how much more simple it gets then, “if price breaks a historcal S&R line you enter.”

If you don’t want to be at the computer to watch for when price comes close to one of your lines, you just set alarms. No stupid indicator needed.

And no, I’m not jealous of someone programming indicators. The people that are constantly trying to invent the latest and greatest indicator are busy doing that and not trading.

Why does TRO keep trying to invent indicators if the ones he makes are so awesome? Why, because they are flat out horsecrap. Otherwise he’d program one and be done, trade with it, (because it was so awesome and always right) and be a bazillionair.

Instead he hawks them all over forums like these looking for, “donations,” for his, “more advanced indicators.”

Now, please go away with your horsecrap. This is an honest nickb thread and you are starting to ruin it.

GO AWAY TROLL!

This is nothing but TRO trying to advertise his for-profit indicators.

Both the indicators listed in this post are on TRO’s 2008 “donational indicator” list and cannot be obtained unless you send TRO money.

You’ll also notice that he found a creative way to slip the website name in a few posts later…

Just report the guy for advertising and then ignore him. The admins will take care of it.