NickB's 4H Scalping Method

Oh I see, thanks~ :slight_smile:

How about now? Does it look like a reversal candle?

It has the right candle pattern, but it needs to have bounced off an S+R line or a really strong scalp line to be a true NickB type reversal. I also trade bounces off trendlines, but thatā€™s a whole different thing with different rules, and thereā€™s no trendline near here anyway. :slight_smile:

Looks like it reversing now!! OMG!! I have only put 1 micro lot at 155.30, SL = 100!!

ETA:
doesnā€™t seemed to bounce off SR zones, more like stall for a bit before going higher? hmmmmmm,

hmmmm, does it look like head and shoulders?

Thatā€™s an area of consolidation, and not a S+R zone, in my opinion. Iā€™m seeing the S+R on top of that area. This looks like it broke though the S+R zone to me.

And that is most definitely a head and shoulders pattern. :slight_smile: Price has broken the neckline and will probably go up a bit or stall a while then keep falling.

GBP/JPY has been trending up all year. Itā€™s possible the weird market conditions that are screwing up our scalp trades are because of a major trend change coming. All the signs are there: H&S with broken neck, recent lower highs/lower lows, etcā€¦

Ahhh!! I think you mean the price has broken 154.82? The broken neck line?

But a quick check to the past chart reveals that price has been higher before? Will it go back to the previous highs? 2xx.xx

Do you have any short entries for this pair?

Right!!

haha!! I see!! :slight_smile: Please donā€™t tell others that a newbie has asked u such a question!! How embrassing!! haha!!

Whatā€™s the 61:3 thingy doing there? :stuck_out_tongue:

ETA:
I just noticed I am being tagged ā€œsenior memberā€!! Asking lots of dumb questions doesnā€™t make me a senior!! How do I remove it?

Thatā€™s just my candle time indicator. That 4 hour candle closes in 61 minutes and 3 secondsā€¦ :slight_smile:

I see your point, but itā€™s still a little too iffy for me to trade it as a reversal. :slight_smile:

OMG!! this goes to proof that you sit in front of the computer watching the prices!!! what about your pending stops? :stuck_out_tongue: haha! :slight_smile:

Okay, I need to wrap up my assignment due tomorrow. Will not be posting soonish~

After yesterdays loss, I played the reversal with a buy limit at 156.16 and took 50 pips by the skin of my teeth. It worked, but yikes!:eek:

Edit: I just checked Nickā€™s blog and it looks like he took this as well, but he was smarter than me and got in at 156.00. Oh well, we both made pips.

can i have the link to nick blog?

Forex4Noobs GBP/JPY Signals & Analysis Blog

Phil, I know you donā€™t trade this system on EUR/JPY, but can you take a look at this reversal for me? The sell stop is in at my dotted lines.

Edit: Maybe someone could tell me how to make my attachments larger?

Edit 2: It looks like this trade may not pan out, but how does it look based on the set-up at the time of my pic?

Iā€™m not Phil but from that attachment I donā€™t see how thatā€™s a nickb-style trade. The short scalp would have been at 132.30-ish and was already hit for up to 90 pips. Nearest now would be a long at 135.15, but as there was a previous spike at 135.34 (basically mirroring the GBP/JPY situation), that oneā€™s a little iffy.