NickB's 4H Scalping Method

hi,i can not see any examples,are you sure attached any files? please show me some line breaks,thank you

Everything you guys want and need is either on the first page of this thread. I would recommend reading through all the pages not just skimming through it as there are many people asking the same stuff you guys do getting the answers though.
I have been using this method for a while also and its going well so far.
But just because there are over 70 odd pages people dont wanna read through everything
Forex is not just to learn one trick and hoping to get the best results.
Read through as much as you can and go from there

Hi Fellow Traders,
I have been using the system for some time now, have few questions which come as i do the trading, and learn to place the lines.Would be helpful if you could answer them.
Regarding the Scalping mentioned in the method, what i have found out is that the breakouts of Scalping lines are to be traded. What i want to know are the reversals on Scalping Lines of any importance. if yes how are you trading them.
Also, regarding the Scalping Lines, if there is a image, it would be better to paste here in the forum for better understanding.
I am trading the JPY crosses.
Happy Trading, awaiting answers.
Regards,

I see this thread has been going for a while. I downloaded Nickā€™s webinars (there is 3 initial ones - Support and resistance areas, Candle stick analysis, and trading reversals and then a webinar he did on 31 October - TRADING LARGE TIME FRAMES - I couldnā€™t ā€œattendā€ live but downloaded afterwards from his website where he explains a lot of his method. He also said on the last webinar that he wishes he never wrote the pdf (which I also read) as the markets have changed and he trades a little different these days and canā€™t change the pdf document as he would like to so best is to subscribe to his website newsletter. I am busy demo-ing his system and then going live asap with a small account. I am also struggling a little with setting the support and resistance areas, but thats what practicing is for.

I see this thread has been going for a while. I downloaded Nickā€™s webinars (there is 3 initial ones - Support and resistance areas, Candle stick analysis, and trading reversals and then a webinar he did on 31 October - TRADING LARGE TIME FRAMES - I couldnā€™t ā€œattendā€ live but downloaded afterwards from his website where he explains a lot of his method. He also said on the last webinar that he wishes he never wrote the pdf (which I also read) as the markets have changed and he trades a little different these days and canā€™t change the pdf document as he would like to so best is to subscribe to his website newsletter. I am busy demo-ing his system and then going live asap with a small account. I am also struggling a little with setting the support and resistance areas, but thats what practicing is for.

Could someone that is succesfully using this method post some updated chart screenshots to show S+R lines for GBPJPY? With this pair hitting new highs it can get kind of confusing for a noob to find good proven S+R lines.

I second that request, some updated screenshots might be helpful.

Just google forex4noobs and you will find his blog. Now, I have combined his method with the method I used to trade. You should watch his videos (also in the blog)
He says he no longer trades this method because the markets have changed and I second that.

Nick updates his SR levels in his blog like once a month or so. About GBP/JPY it is very hard to find recent S/R areas as the price has never been to the current levels in years. So I stick with 00,50 levels and weekly pivots for the most of the time.

I know this sounds stupid but in this picture above you will see I am quite zoomed in on the chart and not able to see the highs and lows, although it is possible but it could be better. Where I have got a circle is where I placed my buy stop

I zoomed out quite a bit on this one and spot the many highs and lows, the red ones are better for me and this is where I would of placed pending orders, the yellow ones mostly could of been taken but would not have been the best signals for meā€¦ I might be wrong but this is how I use this system, you dont get many trades but the ones that trigger and run make it worth while

Hi there. Is anyone still using this method? I an interested in it.

The [I]underlying principles[/I] on which itā€™s based are perfectly good and valid ones, but the [U]specificity[/U] of their application and almost all the details of the trading method covered in this thread are no longer applicable to todayā€™s forex markets. If you look three pages further back (post #739, page 74) youā€™ll see its creator explaining in some detail why heā€™s no longer using it. Does that perhaps tell you what you need to know?

Unable to get the link

Not sure you noticed the date. Itā€™s 2009 for that post. That site is long gone. But the PDF link in the first post still works, although the author of the strategy states he no longer (as of 2013) trades the strategy.

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m interested in this method, but since the thread was started 15 years ago, Iā€™m wondering if it still works?

Are there any modifications?

I hope for a short and direct answer, so that I donā€™t have to go through 700 posts, if I donā€™t have to.

Thank you :pray:

Donā€™t rely on anyone on BabyPips for your financial decisions.

Itā€™s very simple to back test. If you canā€™t do that, then you wonā€™t have the patience to trade it live.

1 Like

Nick Bencino himself announced (not all that far back in post-count, but a very long way back in years!) that it didnā€™t, and that he had abandoned it.

I donā€™t blame you. :wink: