NickB's 4H Scalping Method

You would not short, unless you saw a reversal pattern at the line, you would not short just because it bounces away from it.

Yes, I consider 158.57 to be a very strong scalp since since the the triple bounce.

Like I said a few posts back, scalp line placement is more an art than an exact science. I agree with Nick 90% of the time, but sometimes he takes lines I donā€™t like, and sometimes I take lines he doesnā€™t like. Neither of us is right or wrongā€¦ I do suspect heā€™ll probably take this line now that it has 3 bounces though.

As for the 156 area, Iā€™m not seeing any lines around there. I have 160.45 and 158.57 on the long side, and 154.88 and 143.00 on the short side.

I originally didnā€™t like 154.88, but Iā€™ve changed my mind now thatā€™s itā€™s been away from the line for a couple days.

Did you get in on the reversal, Phoenix? I couldnā€™t resist it after the triple bounce. I got in at 157.73 (5 pips below the previous candle) and got +70 pips.

I like this method so far. The four hour time frame is what I like about it. Simple and easy. Pretty easy to follow the reversals if you study Candlesticks. I recommend Steve Nison for anyone wanting to really learn about reversals.

Nice method, Iā€™ll definitely be putting it to use.

hey guys 155.52 looks like a really nice scalp line, nice trend down followed by a nice up trend.

Iā€™m seeing higher lows within 158.570 and 154.880 which could possibly lead to a break of the 158.570, and if not and retraces again, could be a nice scalp. So I think 152.520 kind of interferes with that range IMO. But it is definitely support.

Itā€™s too close to the 154.88 line for me to consider it a good scalp line. Thereā€™s usually some resistance before a line is broken, and in this case the resistance to the 154.88 line could get in the way of the 155.53 line break.

However, I will be going short there based on other reasons (4H Master candle with a double bounce). I think that will push it straight through the second line.

Iā€™m hoping it turns around and goes up to 158.57 though. I have a much better feeling about that line than the lower one.

I agree. I predict that itā€™s gonna break and move up or down a couple hundred, if not more, pips in one direction or another within the next few hours.

Sorry for the typo on 152.520 I meant 155.520.

Bulls just checkmated the previous down candle, what may happen? Only time will tell.

Thatā€™s the beauty of this trading styleā€¦ The way it ends up going doesnā€™t matter. Weā€™ll make money either way.

Well, 70% of the time weā€™ll make money. :slight_smile:

ā€¦And there it goes through the 158.58 line!

Haha. Yeah I am pretty hooked I must say.

Looks like it pushed through. Very nice momentum from what I see.

Sweet.

Did you call meā€¦lolā€¦just kidding :smiley:

Yup I got on that break for 30 ā€œsweetā€ pips on my live accountā€¦and thatā€™s a wrap for tonight.

Thanks NickB for the system ā€¦(and to Dr Phil for putting the thread up :wink: )

Hey, Phil, would you like the sp_range indicator without the extra digit?

:slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome!

Iā€™ve gotten used to the extra digit, it doesnā€™t bother me anymore. It drove me crazy at first thoughā€¦

Iā€™d probably get confused if it was gone now. :slight_smile:

Now thereā€™s an image I didnā€™t need to see before bedā€¦(shudder)ā€¦I knew youā€™d have that ready in waitingā€¦lol

Haha. Maybe. I see you are from BC! Awesome.

I snagged a few pips also, Iā€™m quick to move my stop to break even because I am obsessive about keeping my profits, it retraced quite a bit so one would of had to of been quick on the trigger. Looks like it will once again close below the resistance.

Weā€™ll see what this next candle can bring us.

Kudos to all, thanks Phil for sharing this method. I will be testing it for awhile see if I can bring it into my arsenal.

I stayed in and ended up getting stopped out for -50.

No big deal, this one just happened to be one of the 30% that lose.

Itā€™s not uncommon for the price to break the line, move up to 20-30 pips profit in a matter of seconds, and then retrace to below the line before coming back up.

Iā€™m betting thatā€™s whatā€™s going to happen here, it just retraced a little too much and stopped me out. :smiley:

Either that or a reversal. Iā€™m seeing a nice shooting star on the H1 and a possible sign of reversal on the 30M/15M. May not move much though, could just be pulling back, to turn around to the upside and retest the break. Iā€™m not here to predict or talk analysis though, I do not have any idea. My only goal is to be on the right side of the move as much as I can. This system looks like it has a high rate of that.

I look forward to testing this more. Thanks. :smiley:

Sweet Pip - well done on catching some pips there.

I on the other hand, lost out on this one, and I would very much appreciate othersā€™ input so I donā€™t make this mistake again.

As soon as I saw the price go through 158.58 and placed my trade. 70 pip TP and 50pip SL, which in hindsight was a little too eager.

Of course, the price fell and I got stopped out.

What do you all think? Should it not have been traded, or were my TP and SL just wrong?

Rich.

You didnā€™t do anything wrong. This system wins 70% of the time, and this one just turned out to be one of the 30% that looses.

Iā€™ve won my last 3 trades, so we were due for a loss. No big deal, there are always more trades!

I personally think a 70 pip TP is too much (I use 50), but thatā€™s not the reason the trade failed. Also, you might consider getting in 5 pips or so after the line break to help filter out any fake breaks that may occur.