Nic's Trading Journal

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I hope September ends up being a great month for you. What time frame do you look at when making your trades (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)? I’m currently back testing some indicators on the daily chart in hopes of putting together a good algorithm. It takes time, but in the end hopefully the hard work will pay off.

I work mostly on the daily chart. If I get a signal, I look at the weekly chart, just look, to get a reassurance of the trend.

New Trade closed NZD/USD after getting an exit signal. 185 pips profit.
I have also entered a new short trade on EUR/GBP

Month Summary

Closed trades

Open Trades

Good job! Keep up the good work !

1 Like

The week is finished, I closed one other trade on Friday.
AUD/NZD Long - 110 pips profit
Despite the retrace that this pair had on Friday, I think it still has some potential to go long, I was playing with the SL and manually moving it, and I got caught by it and exited the trade. No big deal.

Month Summary

Closed Trades

Open Trades

It’s been a while since an update, since we just closed a month I decided to make one.
Unfortunately between my full time job and setting up a my own company I really had not time for publishing updates.

The month was a little setback, not that bad, and I know precisely what I did wrong which is a good think because now I can address it. There have been two or three days where I got lot’s of signals, and somehow I opened a trade on each signal without taking into account overexposure on specific currencies, if I had done that many of the trades I lost I wouldn’t even have opened them. Well the important part is that we learn from our mistakes.

Month Summary

Closed Trades

Open Trades

Over-exposure to a currency is an easy trap to fall into.

During times when this important to me I used a positive & negative column chart - horizontal row on Excel contains the names of the currencies, cells above each currency shaded blue to represent longs, cells below red to represent shorts. Names of currencies shaded to indicate bullish or bearish preference by TA. Easy to see quickly where positions are piling up or where positions conflict with TA or are both bullish and bearish.

I know your busy with your job and your business and you don’t have much time to post your trades. If you can find some time can you update us on how the past two months have gone. Would really appreciate knowing.

Hi Kevin, unfortunately there isn’t much of an update I can provide, for the last two months I just haven’t been trading, I left the balance on the account since I do plan to get back into it.
Perhaps your message is a sign that I should really try to find the time, perhaps I start again of the 1st of December with a fresh month.

Thanks for your message.
Nic

Thanks for the update Nic. I hope all is well. Have a nice holiday.