Nigerian scams and forex

You’ve all heard of the famous Nigerian scam right?

" My uncle mbutu got killed in a coup and I need to get the 2 billion dollars out of the country, you help me and you keep ten %."

no one with half a brain would fall for that would they? But that’s why it’s worded that way on purpose. They don’t want to waste their time trying to fool intelligent people. The bad spelling and bad grammar is a filter so that the most gullible will self select. It’s like Darwin’s natural selection in reverse. Survival of the most unfit.

So if you were going to use the same type of filter in the forex world what would you do? Copy someone else’s material and make it obvious? Use misspelled words and eliminate anyone who is smart enough to correct it? close trading rooms and move the most gullible on to the new rooms?

That sounds like a little dig there!!!

hey TalonD,

i wonder how have u been after being banned for life from ‘‘lehman brothers ex-CEO’s room’’ and his thread?

Lehmann Brothers hahaha yeah riiiight, I don’t no anyone who worked there… :D\

Just having a little fun, we don’t no anyone like that do we?

Thank you for enabling me to start the day with a chuckle!

did you know this actually an internet sport? checkout 419eater dawt com, look at the trophy room…

I was liking that site until I saw the paypal link at the bottom

[B]Paypal is a scam! They stole my money and froze my account! [/B]
The only good thing about paypal (scampal) is one of their executives got hit by a freight train. Too bad the train didn’t plow through the building and get them all!
The railroad needs to hire engineers with better aim.

Maybe scambaiting PayPal would be sport as well? :slight_smile:

Just sayin’…

well there’s a class action in the works so hopefully they’ll get ripped for millions :smiley:

seems the FX world is a Labyrinth of treading carefully