No indicator trading

What is your personal opinion about naked chart trading?

One of my friend who is a swing trader said “it shortens your learning curve if you learn to speak the language of the price before”

Hi, what matters is profitability in trading, which techniques you use depends only on you :slight_smile: Regards Greg

We all trying to get to the same destination, just using different roads ,however price is king

Kind Regards

Langers

The Scruffy Trader

3 Likes

I agree, I don’t use any indicators at all. Or even support resistance.

I will sometimes use a moving average. All that matters to me is the price pattern itself, a time limit on how long that pattern lasts and a tight (ish) trailing stop.

It’s very liberating

Funny I was literally just checking my notifications from last year and saw this thread that may be relevant to your question!

You become very dangerous when you know how to read naked charts

1 Like

I will quote @krugman25

“Show me a naked candlestick chart, remove the ticker symbol, and give me about 10 seconds and I can figure out if it is a buy, sell, anticipate buy/sell, or do nothing.”

That’s how dangerous you can be

That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use one or two indicators if indicators work for you or if you found a way to use an indicator to up your wins, stick to it.

2 Likes

Ohh I actually didn’t notice that thanks!

1 Like

It’s a pretty dated one so can be completely missed. Hope that helped!

I am used to special indicators intraday, so i watch mainly the indicators, which tell me if there is power in the short/medium term movement of the price or not- thats the entry signal.

But If you lock someone 5 years in a room, and the only thing he gets is a MT4 Monitor with only naked candles, different time frames but no indicators, he will predict afterwards every single candle.

Everywhere you learn chartreading with indicators- thats the reason why most of the traders (me included) depend on them. (i suppose)