Noob - Affiliate Marketing switch to Trading?

Hi guys,

I stumbled across this site by chance a few days ago and have found it really helpful so far - especially the babypips training…slowly working my way through.

I have been doing affiliate marketing on and off for the past couple of years, with some success to a degree. However one of my affiliate mentors jumped ship last year, stopped affiliate marketing and switched to trading hasn’t looked back since. So it got me thinking to maybe try something different.
I’m a total novice to this, but welcome the opportunity to learn and put in the work to be successful at trading at some point.
I look forward to speaking to you guys :slight_smile:

Thanks

KC

I look

2 Likes

Affiliate marketing usually requires you to convince people to sign up to an awesome website or product like AVON and do x and y and recruit z more people to make money. Forex trading is a totally different ball game. I suggest you read the school of Pipsology to learn more about forex.

Agreed. I am under no illusion that things will be similar, hence the reason I signed up here and am currently working my way through Pipsology :sunglasses:

1 Like

reminds me of myself lol i was heavily involved in affiliate marketing for like 2 years on and off (MCA mostly, and a few other affiliate companies), but was then introduced to forex trading. I quit marketing altogether and jumped on Forex LOL I plan on implementing my marketing skills after I become profitable in trading, and plan on making a business on teaching the youth in my community how to trade, and will eventually go global.

I hope you come right :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol. What made you make the switch?
Another Marketer I know allegedly claims its 90% less work…He was doing black hat to be fare, but I doubt thats the truth.
How have you found trading so far compared to AM?
That sounds like a solid plan. The more I read into trading the more I think it should be implemented into a schools curriculum imo.

Thanks Josh. Just a bit overwhelmed with all the info my brain is taking in at the moment in Pipsology, but all good info at the same time.

1 Like

In the beginning I rushed through forex, as though I was running out of time. But now I’ve just been absorbing and applying the information one step at a time. I got major headaches trying to cram all the info from SOP quickly then I realized to take it slow and steady

You don’t have to worry about trying to get as many ppl as you can on your team to make money, or stress yourself by trying to find 3 people within a month in order to earn a bonus. It was just too much, some people were just naturally skilled with that kind of work. But, I’m a data analyst at my day job, so I’m used to looking at charts, data, trends, stats, etc. So it just made sense for me to check it out. Not long after that it became like an addiction. I just wanted to keep learning everything I could about forex lol I’m still on my demo account right now, but am planning to go LIVE early next year

@JoshRSA How long did it take you to start live trading after you completed SOP and studied other resources?

@justshell I see your point. What kind of AM were you doing?
I’ve heard a few people mention these demo accounts. Does that basically mean the broker gives you a demo account to practice with until you are confident to trade in real time?

I was doing MCA (Motor Club of America) , and a few smaller affiliate companies. But yea, there are a lot of brokers that offer ‘demo’ accounts, so you’re able to trade the market with fake money pretty much, just to keep it simple.

Before SOP, I had a normal MT demo account. When I started SOP (I understood the importance of demo trading) I opened a $30 no deposit with XM, a micro account. And that’s when I realzed with forex you need money to make money. It would take a lot of time trying to grow a $1 account into a $100 account. And it also made me realize I prefer ECN accounts. I don’t mind paying commission in exchange for realistic rates

Ah ok. Once I am confident enough to get an ECN account, what is realistic figure to start trading with?

It all depends on you. Most ECN accounts minimum deposit is $100/$200. Do you have the ability to flip a minimum $100 to $1000? Or $1 to $100? The reason why capitalization is so important is so you have enough free margin to open a trade when you see an opportunity. The less capital you have the less space or free margin you’ll have to open a new trade (when you’re already in one or more trades). Simplified, you will only be able to make like 1 or 2 trades at a time when you’re on tiny capital. $100 is okay but still limiting

1 Like

As long as you don’t try to mix the affiliate marketing with trading! lol

1 Like

Too many of those already!

1 Like

Welcome to babypips @Kidcruz! It took me a couple of months to finish the school because I did it after work. What topic are you on now?

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Kidcruz! Good luck with the School of Pipsology! It has everything you need to learn the basic of forex trading. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Josh. So realistically I need about $1000?

@jessoprules lol. Don’t worry, I plan to keep them separate for sure :slight_smile:

@baemax023 @CoinLady - Again, thanks for the warm welcome people.

I am currently on section 15/313…so still a long way to go yet. @CoinLady Did you start trading once you had finished the course?

Nope. I’m finding it hard to focus on trading demo. :disappointed: