Not getting the multiple timeframe

Hello Everybody

I am reading the course and also demo trading on MT4. There is two things I just can not seem to grasp it is multiple timeframe analysis and also trend lines. Want to grasp the 5 minute chart so I am using three indicators. 50 EMA and 13 EMA with RSI. Would like to find out on what time frame do I put the trendline and if I do need a trendline as I am using MA which a trend indicator. Also know that RSI is a momentum indicator.

Any help would be appreciated

Try to stay close to the chart you are trading. if you are using 5 minute for entries and exits than don’t put the trendline too far off that, such as daily for example, because it will be very inaccurate and thus useless.

Basically the point of multiple timeframes is to zoom out, to see that if you have lets say 20 pip target, that there is a clear way to the target and no major resistance level within this distance but enough space to go.

Hey @Heini82, the videos below should help you understand how to use trends and Multiple time frames

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you so much Pazartesi for both replies

Thank you so much Trendswithbenefits. Will definitely look at these videos.

Always look at more than one TF but not more than three to avoid analysis paralysis.

Look at the TF higher than the TF you trade for a bigger picture(support and resistance especially) and then the TF lower for entries/exit.

Everything sure looks better on D1 :sunglasses:
I can’t say much on trend lines on lower TFs, I can’t vouch for its authenticity.

TF - Time frame
D1 - Daily TF

May the pips be on your side!
Cheers

Thanks mate, for adding useful links! I checked & yes, these videos are useful, thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you so much Maximus_martins.

1 Like