Notre Dame Cathedral Paris on fire

Sad sight, I have been there and love Paris.

Yes, it’s a worldwide news, who you think maybe behind that ? I think it’s something which will activate those Yellow Vest and make them even more aggressive. What do you say ? I assume it’s definitely not them, cause they are sort of Nationalists, so it’s out of the question.

I truly hope they’ll be able to rebuild it, but it will probably take decades. To make a comparison, renovations from the 1966 flood in Florence just ended this year.

Who’s behind it?
Seriously, you’re living in a fantasy land. I bet your favourite film is The Matrix.

Interesting crypto-connection to the rebuilding efforts. Binance, the largest Crypto exchange out there, has started a donation drive and has raised $17K USD. Not too shabby!

I heard they’re also entering the US market?

I don’t think they do anything to block you if you’re in the US, but that may have changed recently. I have an account from early 2017 and can still log into without issue in the US. Are you in the US having issues?.

Ah yes. From what I remember I think they meant to truly “enter” the US market - maybe set up an office, do marketing, etc.

I was so sad to hear that news…it was my childhood dream to see Notre-Dame

Well, from all accounts, you’ll still be able to fulfill that dream. It will take some time to see the rebuilt interior, for sure, but the main structure is still there. It’s reconstruction efforts will be interesting to follow. I’m especially interested to see how much the redesign will resemble what was lost versus something completely new.

1 Like

The entire world is grieving with Paris.

I hope your words will come true:)

I was really shocked when I saw it in the news. This cathedral is so beautiful and has survived many hard times during hundreds of years old history. Seeing that in fire, I was really grieving

And the debate begins. Same construction or new, modern design?

It appears that most French would like a similar reconstruction of what was lost.

Nooo, I hope they won’t make it more contemporary. I think the monument should save its original form

I agree with you. But sometimes it’s not possible :frowning:

I think I’m with you on this one. Make it like the original.