Number of pips needed for 300$, target 50$ daily

How many pips do I need to reach a target of 50$ daily in an account of 300$, 0.1 lot size?

It depends about the pair you can use Forex Calculator to calculate exact value

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, because if you open trades of 0.1 lot size with a $300 account, your funds won’t survive for long anyway.

For most people, 0.01 lots (one micro-lot) is the appropriate position-size for a $300 account.

Trying to make $50 per day from a $300 account is a wildly unrealistic expectation.

The purpose of trading with a $300 account isn’t to make money.

It’s to gain experience.

A very, very small minority of forex traders ever gets as far as making a steady 5% per month on their account. With a $300 account, that would be $15 per month, nothing like $50 per day.

You need to understand this clearly before you start.

This thread will help:-

5 Likes

I think, we all should set our trading targets based on our previous performances, not based on our daily needs!

2 Likes

MATHEMATICALLY SPEAKING
Meaning… if you just want me to do the math (but not necessarily a REAL SCENARIO)
it goes something like this…

TARGET = $50
LOT SIZE = 0.1 Lots
Value Per pip on 0.1 Lots = $1 Per pip

therefore $1 x A = $50
Therefore (Excluding Spread) A = 50 pips

but as @LaughingCharlie said
it doesn’t matter hehe
Because you won’t be around to see the profits

and let’s not forget i left out so so so much more that needs to be considered as well.

so Enjoy the math

1 Like

I think to achieve 5% a month on most occasions, you’ll be in the top 95%. If I am not mistaken. It is that difficult.

2 Likes

@LauChoKun
Well Said mate.

the secret is consistancy
and consistancy is gained by starting with existing ability and building on it.
Exactly right

Don’t mind. You are living in fool’s paradise. What you are saying is possible but not for consistent basis. One day you will make 50$ but other day you will loss all your money. The term risk management is deeply associated with forex trading. Without managing your risk you can’t survive here. So many things are there to consider before opening a trade.

3 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSS, even if you got the greatest trade idea or plan before the trade which I do think I have at times :grin:. putting it into practice based on the current market charts and setting realistic S/L or T/P zones is on par as important and is more difficult than the trade idea and plan. Making your trade idea profitable is very hard, IMO.

Definitely, you can’t use here such a big trading lots size because the account balance is 300$! That means, you have to manage enough number of pips in everyday! Yes, its not an easy task.

I think 95% of people are probably in the top 95%? :grin:

3 Likes

Top 5% of people lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Remember mate forex it’s not a get rich quick scheme. Or else you will blow your account. Don’t expect high expectations you need to be consistency.

1 Like

That’s the most important thing. Some people get into Forex just because they SEE a lot of people making a ton of money, without even knowing what the hell they need to do. It irks my nerves sometimes to see people hop on this journey just to hop right off when they realize how much work and studying they need to do. Consistency like you said is key. Forget about the profits in the beginning. If you can implement a consistent, profitable, strategy? Then the profits will come after :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If $300 is all the money you have in the world, buy some second hand stuff, do it up and sell it for a profit. Do not even think about jumpiing into this sea of sharks, piranhas and vampires !

If $300 is just “Play money” - then try it - Bust out 4 or 5 accounts; until you realise you know nothing. Then go away and start to learn !

REPEAT THAT EXCERCISE AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY !

Not a hope in hell mate !

1 Like

@nomy01
JUST FOR FUN
why don’t you try this on demo first
Open a $300 Demo
Pick something like EUR USD and try to get $50 a day,
Using a Lot size of 0.1

I mean… $1 per pip HOW HARD COULD IT BE …HUH, it’s only 50 pips LMFAO ROFL

LET US KNOW HOW YOU GO [obvious friendly sarcasm]
we know how you’ll go, don’t we @Falstaff ?

but WE NEED YOU TO LEARN IT

1 Like

Yes, it’s the key! Thank you for your comment!

You are welcome as always

Hi there Im not sure I understand the math here. I have been trading with a 100$ account for exactly a month now and it is currently standing on 111$, which means a 11% increase.
Also I don’t trade lots less than 0.02. In order to make 50$ it would take 2500 pips:

2500 X 0.02 = 50$
or
1000 X 0.02 = 20$

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

LOL
i think you’re confused

this…

is incorrect
let’s DEFINE what we are talking about
2500 Means 2500 pips
0.02 (you defined as LOTS)
and 0.02 LOTS = 20cents per pip

so…
20 cents per pip X 2500 pips = $500

you calculation is saying

2 Cents per pips X 2500 Pips (which is not possible because 10 cents per pip is the Minimum)

You’re getting 0.02 LOTS and 20 cents vs $0.20 Mixed up

see when someone says that 0.01 = 10 cents per pip

YOU ASSUME 0.02 = 20 cents … AND IT DOES
but you then go an use 0.02 in the calculation instead of using
$ 0.20 cents

see the problem
you have undervalued your equation by an order of magnitude

2 Likes