Number of trading strategies

Cheers. Its just not what I do I’m afraid. I don’t look at charts for opportunities and then find a strategy, I set the strategy first and then check the pairs where I want to use that strategy.

Copy that :slight_smile: thank you! I have a plan to go into a buy position once the support level has been hit. I have a trade alert set at 1.19550 and if that alert gets triggered i will start looking at the charts like a hawk for my entry

I’ve got to say it looks like it will hold water.

1 Like

I have the outline drawn up of what I want to do to utilise my time available, capital and free margin to run multiple strategies.

I plotted out 5 strategies, 3 of which are variations of each other, each focusing on a different pair -

1. Bill Williams fractal trades - These are triggered regardless of any other TA, just using HL bars so they’re not necessarily trend-following - GBP/USD.

2. Technical trend-following - Triggered as soon as my 3 basic trend confirmations are in place - 20EMA and price above the 50, swing chart bullish - GBP/JPY.

3. Optimum trend-following - Follows if trend is exceptionally consistent - AUD/USD.

4. Top currency strength match-up - Follows price direction for whichever pair scores 7-0 or 0-7 v’s 50EMA across the currencies’ respective 7 major charts - currently USD/JPY.

5. Trend-following 5m Price/5EMA crossover - EUR/USD.

I’m already trading some. Hoping to learn something.

1 Like

Moving average crossover strategies tend to get you into a trade late, out of a trade after giving back some profit, and will chop you up when price is ranging.

To avoid getting chopped up:

1. Be careful when the EMA goes horizontally flat.
  2. Be careful if the current candle is touching both moving averages or is in between both moving averages.

Test this out for yourself and good luck.

1 Like

Edit - My Strategy 5 above is a trend-following set-up, i.e. only buying on a close above the 5EMA if the 5 is already above the 20.

1 Like