Oanda platform

Like I said: “…no guarantee that you’ll like it when you taste it yourself.”

They will test beta features on FXGame before taking them live on FXTrade. Wouldn’t it be great if they tested a 4 hour chart? :wink: I like the 3H chart and have no problem with it, until I begin communicating with other traders on the basis of that chart; lack of a 4H has always been a slightly-more-than-petty - but really the only - annoyance with Oanda.

Is this a demo account or live account?

I have taken this quote from the Oanda FAQ.

Your FXTrade Platform configuration requires more memory than has been alloted for Java processes. You can solve this problem by either increasing the amount of memory that Java is allowed to use (this is only recommended if your computer has sufficient memory), or by reducing the number or size of graphs that you are using.

In order to change the maximum amount of memory that Java is allowed to use, click on “Java” or “Java plug-in” in Start -> Settings -> Control Panel. Once the Java control panel is open, click the Java tab and click the View button. The Java run-time settings will open. In the right most column labelled java run-time parameters, type “-Xmx256m” (without the quotes) where 256 is the maximum amount of memory in megabytes that you would like java to be able to use. You can use another value instead of 256. Be sure to include the ‘-’ character when entering the parameter, as the settings will not work if this character is not included.

I changed mine to, -Xmx512m now I only lose the platform at 1630 hrs
GMT every day still not sure why? Maybe my ISP switches server on me?

I’ve been using Oanda with several large accounts for years now and have to say they are the best by far. I’ve used every broker under the sun and somehow always come back to Oanda. You really have to taste for yourself how bad things can be to appreciate what Oanda has to offer. Sure issues arise, as they do everywhere, but the Oanda team is really on their game getting things to work smooth.

The only problem I have no is finding a Java programmer with experience using their API. Does one even exist?!

I’ve searched high and low trying to find one for hire and have failed miserably.

If someone out there had Java programming and currency trading experience or even better, programming experience with Oanda’s Java API, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!

Happy Trading!

I don’t like it…I don’t understand why OANDA don’t try to use MT4 platform…MT4 it’s the best trade platform of the world as I think…In my houble opinion…

ive done plenty of research looking at lots of brokers now and have no doubt that oanda are one of the best, if not THE best. and i would have opened an account with them long again, but for 2 things which are by now very well known… trailing stop…leverage.

50:1 leverage is nowhere near enough, even more so for my very short term high value trading.

trailing stop. well this is just a common sense feature that any broker who claims to want to help their traders to profit should have had years ago. for a broker that many think was well ahead of the game with account interest, micro lots, pipettes etc etc they have overlooked the feature which is probably more important than all of that combined.

however i come with good news. they are now introducing a trailing stop, probably after thousands upon thousands of requests over the years. i am told it is due to be put on the fxgame platform in late november though, so dont expect ti be able to use it live until next year (i dont know how long things take to go from fxgame to fxtrade but i doubt its going to be less than a month).

unfortunately 50:1 is a major sticking point for me. I use 400:1 with fxsol and it enables me to comfortably trade $0.50/pip with only $50 in the account. 50:1 with oanda using the same pip value requires over $150 in margin alone! even 100:1 would be enough for me to go with oanda, but alas they dont seem to have any intention of increasing it.

at the moment it seems im stuck with fx solutions and the constant requotes. also just noticed at 11pm GMT when entering a limit order, the MINIMUM TP and stoploss is 25 pips despite the spread being 3-4 pips, their excuse is volatility…an hour after new york close!!! 2 hours before tokyo opens??? whatever.