OandA Trading!

i heard that oanda spread will very wide if the news come out.
anyone ever use news for trading in oanda ?

It can widen during certain news events. I don’t directly trade news, so that would be a moot point for me.

How far is the spread widen during the news ? and what news that can efect the spread ?

At most I have seem spreads as high as 20 pips for the majors. Which news, I’m not sure. There are economic calendars available that assess how important the news is.

Has you already test their demo account ? how many difference with live account ?

I have used their demo account. I currently trade on their live accounts. No difference.

Can oanda use a simple programming ?
Like give alert when MA cross, Stocastic Cross, RSI above 52 etc.

As far as a charting platform is concerned, Oanda is horrible. I personally use Metatrader 4 on an FXDD demo account to chart. For everything else, Oanda is top notch.

But to answer your question, yes it is possible. Requires programming however.

I has see below link:
fxtrade.oanda.com/forex_trading/fxtrade/api_trading

it is true that you must pay $600 per month for using programming ?
I think i will follow your way if i use oanda.

I like OANDA because of :

1. Regulated brokerage
  2. Best in spread
  3. Great support

Just a newbie thought :smiley:

I try oanda fx game for few month and recently my market order TP and LS was different from execution.
My
TP: 15 Pips
SL: 10 Pips

Excute:
TP: 17 Pips
SL: 7.6 Pips

and when i was in the order box the details say that 10 Pips lost = 34 USD but when i exit before the stop lost, my lost was 40 USD.

I trade GBPUSD on Tuesday 20:00 - 22:00 GMT + 7 or probably around 09:00-11:00 EDT.
Has anyone has the same problem before ?

Set your charts to show the bid/average price/ask, and you will see why your stops are being hit the way they are. Oanda’s spreads are variable depending on market liquidity.

I trade (live) with Oanda and have no complaints whatsoever, but the shifting spreads take some getting used to. I also trade dailies and weekly’s and avoid the news, so it doesn’t matter that much to me.

I see, i think the market was very liquidity at that time.
I only heard news will move oanda spread. I think i miss that one. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info.

oanda is good cause the spreads are very low and you have no deposit minimum. look at this site. big assortment of online brokers. Name: Depot-Vergleich. You can also look on Ordergebühren. There are many explanations about trading fees.

please tell me, what happens when you wanna draw a fib or a trend line or attach an indicator to a longer timeframe, for example the weekly chart?

It doesn’t matter because the biggest TF Oanda has is 1 day.