Pairs question please answer

Hello Forex experts gurus

I WANT TO ASK WHICH PAIR IS THE MOST RANGING ONE WHICH IS NOT MOVING ON 1 SIDE ALOT CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TEL ME BECAUSE I NEED PAIR WHICH IS NOT MOVING LIKE TO MUCH ON BULL OR TO MUCH BEAR ON 1 SIDE THANKS ?

Hi.
You might find this useful to see which pairs are most/least volatile over whatever period of time you choose.

2 Likes

Hi @Needhelpinbinary,

Have you considered reducing your trade size?

If you trade one micro lot (1,000 units of base currency), then you are risking about 10 cents per pip on most currency pairs. That means, you could risk 500 pips on a trade, and that would be about $50.

When you use trades sizes that are appropriate for your account, then the typical pip range (average volatility) might no longer be the determining factor for you in choosing currency pairs.

You may find this earlier discussion on leverage helpful: Volatility of Bitcoin vs. EUR/USD

It sounds to me like your looking to execute a range bound strategy? If so, just look through the charts till you see large swings going up and down with no distinguished pattern.

Most pairs are linked to the USD that is directional. Remember we are in currency wars, so trends are going to develop. The Swiss was the closest to a dead lock but that ended in 2014. So in truth there are none but arguably the Kiwi has very low volatility and to some degree the Swiss pairs but I am afraid most move up and down.