Parabolic SAR - that's all!

Thanks Greenberret1960, why did you buy there? and what’s your favourite pair using this strategy?

since my last post this is what i created hope it helps

first chart

second chart

Hi Dale,

I only wish i had started forex 6 years ago, never had so much fun reading a thread, im up to page 132 now but thought i would post on your last write up. Amazing honesty right the way through and a great laugh. What happened to all of the other guys like Akram and Robstyle. Wanna ask you the outcome of it all or skip to the end but i cant put a good book down mate!
Keep up the honesty in your threads you`re a rarity.

Shane.

I have been using EMA Crossovers for about as long as you have been using PSAR and I hate to break it to you but the way you are using the 8 + 21 EMA “Golden Cross” and “Death Cross” for entries basically makes it redundant to use PSAR at all.

Even the 5 + 8 EMA “Golden Cross” and “Death Cross” is somewhat lagging, PSAR does a much better job of choosing entry points and obviously a superior job of trailing stop losses.

Bottomline, if you are going to use ANY kind of EMA Crossover in conjunction with PSAR you’d be better off using the 20 + 200 EMA to determine your “bias” and then use PSAR for entries with that “bias” in mind. Obviously, you would also use PSAR to trail your stop loss.

Once again, using the 8 + 21 EMA “Golden Cross” or “Death Cross” for entries/exits basically renders PSAR useless other than to use for trailing stops. I find it interesting that this was how you “UPDATED” your system.

Hi Dale,

Firstly,
Thanks for an excellent thread on PSAR, I was looking for a simple trading system, which gives steady returns, low risk.
currently am using a EMA crossover method, which gives a lot of whipsaws. want to add some filter to it.
Just started reading the thread. seems to be long and educative.
will go thru it over the weekend, (since i have a day job which keeps me occupied all day long)
Hope you had a nice experience using this indicator.

Thanks
Prash

Forex Calculators – Position Size, Pip Value, Margin, Swap and Profit Calculator not that this matters much but for money management this is the link i use it might not help us old traders but maybe a newbie can find it helpful

greenberret1960, there are apparently some indicators in the bottom half of your chart but I can’t tell what they are, could you explain and tell us how you use them?
Thanks

the three indicators are
1.td2 indicator
2.td3 indicator
3.duetto indicator
it is used to trade the eur/usd and the usd/chf the two pairs trade oppisite of each other thats what the duetto indicator does

Worked really really well for me today using SAR default and MACD default