Parabolic SAR - that's all!

then we can keep our friendship!!!

Akram

Dale,

my broker seems to offer all these stuff so just a question about the spreads is it like 2 pips or 10?? i know in stock they don’t call it pips i think they call it points.so is it a very high spreads?

Regards,

Akram

Akram,

I am too impatient to wait for a new PSAR dot, so entered the trades after the trend had already been established - note to readers investing real money: I was stopped out of 3 trades, and the MAJORITY of my pairs are NOT profitable! I only used PSAR and MACD to determine entries, so I might have skipped a few pairs if I had added stochs and rsi. I’m still up over 7% and I’ve adjusted my stop losses to insure I exit the trades with a profit. Babypips taught me that keeping pips is as important as making pips, so I’m keeping them!

Guess what I’m looking at???

Live at Delta baby!!!

(Apparantely I’m the FIRST client to have this activated - I forgot to ask them if there is a prize or not)!!!

It’s a ‘thing of beauty’!!!

Yes - I’m showing off!!!

Imagine being able to trade the DAX without having to worry about getting ‘requoted’ (which is short for ‘getting f****d by your broker’)!!!

I’m having one of those ‘I’m so happy I could sh1t’ moments again!!!

(By the way - you can see what the spreads are from the attached pictures).

One thing though - this is NOT for the ‘feint hearted’ (‘feint margined’) i.e. 1 lot of DAX (currently) requires $560.43 USD of margin at Delta (see what ‘leverage’ or ‘margin percentage’ means). Gold and Oil require about the same amount of margin as forex pairs though.

Dale.

Oh - and - by the way - I TOLD you guys to look at Mr Wilders book!!! I’ve been trying out one or two of his systems today on forex pairs (couldn’t STAND not at least TRYING to make some money on forex) - the ones that I use for the Indices - and - guess what - $550 profit for the day - and that’s AFTER being stopped out of three trades i.e. USDBGN, EURUSD, and USDTRY)!!!

Me thinks it’s ‘Captain Morgan’ and ‘Tarja’ time!!!

I am so delighted. I use a combination of this thread with my friend’s 4 hout pivot and I made enormous pips this week.

Not much money since account is so very very very very small at Oanda.

I’m rushing now so I’ll give details over the weekend.

Cool runnings all and thanks again.

forexology (Glendon)

Good morning/evening

I learned a valuable lesson today on the importance of trading demo accounts to really learn a system and everything. Yesterday morning, I got in USD/CAD when a second PSAR dot appeared, but didn’t bother to check the cross on MACD. Well, I did check MACD… but said, it’ll cross sometime today or tomorrow, I’ll take it anyway. Well ****, look at what that thought did to me. It was just a little glitch and sometime last night, it hit my stop loss. I took a loss of little over $1,000. So, lesson learned. WAIT for the MACD cross!

The other trades I got in by taking a chance because I got in late are doing great! Though I took that loss, I’m still up over 2 grand! And thats fine by me.

Question… So should we be closing out our positions and taking profits by 4pm EST Friday, or are you able to stay in? Or is it a matter of personal choice? What would the reasons be for taking profits on Friday and then opening positions again after 5pm EST Sunday?

Thanks
Rob

p.s. Hey Dale, what instrument(s) do you play? I am a musician as well.

robstyle1980:

I could just tell you were a ‘kindred spirit’ by YOUR ramblings :slight_smile: !!!

Electric Guitar (Charvel Jackson / Marshall Amplification - had to mention this so that you ‘got the picture’) and keyboards ‘ala Nightwish’ and classical piano would you believe (what was that about ‘non-conformist’)!!!

Anyway - real glad for you that it was a demo account. I’ve ‘f****d’ up before as well - LIVE - doing EXACTLY the same thing. Again - PATIENCE - and NEVER try to ‘second guess’ the indicators. I’ve seen the MACD MA’s ‘kiss’ and turn away more times this month (particularly in the last week) than I care to mention and it cost ME money once or twice!!!

As far as holding positions over the weekend is concerned - I always have - and I don’t pay interest (or receive interest) for Saturday and Sunday (or maybe just Saturday - not sure now). The ‘purists’ will tell you to close them - just in case something ‘catastrophic’ happens over the weekend - but - IF you’re trading with stops - it should not matter and besides - something ‘catastrophic’ could cause the price to go in your favour as well. That’s my ‘trillion dollars of forex worth’ on the subject!!!

By the way - for those of you who have got the ‘gonads’ and the margin - find a broker (any broker) where you can trade the indices. These things are going up to far and too fast and that in spite of the bad data coming out the US of A. Also (and I’m no Elliot Wave Theorist - not by ANY stretch of the imagination BUT I do believe in Elliot Wave Theory just as long as someone else is calculating the waves) I subscribe to Elliotwave International and basically - these things are in the ‘last wave of the last wave of the last wave’ before a correction comes again - SOON - like maybe next week???

‘You wanna make money or die’!!! (Geez - and I have not even had my first Captain Morgan for the night yet)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Yes i do the same thing same like what u do i only allow PSAR and MACD coz i feel if i apply more than these 2 indicators i will not be able to trade i only open my postion if the PSAR is formed in an opp direction and the MACD crossed either up or down far from the 0 i feel when they corssed near or on the 0 level it is not a vailed entry it should be far than the 0.But still i don’t have any vailed entries from long long time!!

Akram

Dale thanks alot i think i will jump on the indices next week as my account will be setted up for them!!

I am so happy to have more than pairs to trade so that i will have lots of opportunities and galde to hear they r not ranging like the forex pairs

Regards,

Akram

Rock on man! Classical piano, thats awesome. I play guitar, though not so much anymore since I found my love for drums. I have an old crusty Gibson Epiphone that I mess around with and my drums are some crusty old set I got for free! But you don’t need much to have a great sound and have fun, know what I mean?

Which is the reason I asked about the Friday thing… I’m heading over to my friend’s house to jam tonight and will likely get drunk in the process and won’t bother checking anything tomorrow! LOL Though I suppose if I was live, that would be a different story. Hell, if I was live, I would totally take profits and use the money to buy beer tonight! And probably a couple new cymbals and a tom the way things are going now! Oh and I could really use drum mics… I’m really starting to see the benefits of doing all of this! I think this is why they say like 90% of the people trading FOREX lose money… because they withdraw their money to buy cool sh1t!

I checked out Nightwish. I thought they were great musically, but they just aren’t my thing. Maybe 10 years ago when I was really into heavy and dark metal. Not so much anymore. If I want to rock out, I usually throw on Tool or Queens of the Stone Age… or maybe even some old school Metallica:eek:

Anyway, thanks for the input man. Sorry all, I tend to digress from the subjects at hand. Back to PSARISM!

Nah - no PSARism now - the markets are closed and we deserve a break - you know - a bit of ‘R&R’ (don’t worry - I’m ‘getting known’ for my Friday/Saturday night ‘rum ramblings’)!!!

I need to look up those groups - see what you’re listening to (I’m not referring to Metallica obviously - I HAVE heard (of) them).

Rock / Metal has been ‘my thing’ since I was at school (slightly younger) - and it’s never ‘left’ me. I remember my mother used to say that I’d ‘grow out of it’ but I never have (I think she was REALLY hoping that I would - she HATED Black Sabbath and Dio - especially the album covers)!!!

You talk about withdrawing profits to spend it on ‘good sh1t’!!! Man - I’m busting my ‘b*s’ so that I can go overseas next year to the Download Festival (that is after I have ‘reimbursed’ all of the credit card companies that have ‘financed’ my ‘trading tuition fees’). Can you imagine seeing Lacuna Coil, After Forever, Evanescence, and Within Temptation ONE AFTER THE OTHER!!! 'Fk’!!! I’ll ‘die’!!! (You probably noticed that ‘Nightwish’ was ‘conspicuous in it’s absence’??? The ‘old’ Nightwish - with Tarja - well - that’s in a different league altogether).

Actually - that’s a ‘f***g’ good point!!! What type of music does everyone on this thread listen to??? ‘They’ say you can tell a lot about a person by the music that they listen to. I suppose I’ll get no answers because for some or the other reason people want to remain anonymous: ‘Sh1t - I can’t let anyone know ‘what I’m about’ on the Internet - they might track me down and kill me’!!! 'Fk sakes’!!!

‘Sh1t’ - I’d better be careful that I don’t offend anyone again!!! (I’ve noticed that one or two people have become very ‘scarce’ since I posted my ‘who / what / where is Ingot54’ post)!!!

Anyway - have a GREAT weekend - and - next month (from Sunday) is going to be ‘a whopper’ FOR US ALL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

ok ok weekend is starting lots of drinking having fun and some relaxation after a bad week with no single trade!!

so i want to share with u guys what i am having i do have 2 possible postions but i don’t feel confidient to jump on any of them just want to take your oppinion about them

The first possible one is EUR/GBP it is vailed as the PSAR shown and MACD is in a kissing status.it is vailed to go long even the Stoch is good but my main problem is on thursday UK is going to drop down there intrest rate as all the reports statting that. i am afraid to take it and get some losses on it any thoughts??? dale what do u think?

The secound possible postion is GBP/CAD every thing looks perfect with the PSAR AND MACD but stoch is not vailed for this pairs. again the intrest rate makes me feel not convinced to open this postion any thoughts??

Dale by the way i will tell u something which might not make u feel happy about me i am not into music i just listen to old and new arabic songs and that coz we do have in the middle east every week a new music chanel that open and u r forced to listen to them!!i think we do have like 70 music chanels!!

Regards,

Akram

Hey - robstyle1980 - I forgot to mention ‘Rammstein’!!! Ever seen them??? ‘F**k me’!!!

Akram - my man - my trusted friend - I’m willing to bet that those 70 music channels play much better ‘sh1t’ than MTV!!!

Tell you what Akram - here’s the deal: I’ll go with you to the 2010 final - ‘sh1t’ I’ll even give you a guided tour of (South) Africa - BUT - you come with me to a Lacuna Coil concert. Deal???

Dale.

Hey Dale,

Weekend is here so a night of drinking and watching football (that’s soccer I’m talking about) is ahead instead of tracking idicies and currency pairs.:slight_smile:

Musicwise I liked the The Smiths, The Charlatans, The Killers, Stereophonics, The Chemical Brothers amoungst others. Can’t beat a good tune can you.:smiley:

Dale, on another note, seeing as it’s the wekeend, I thought I would check out the delta trading platform. I had already downloaded the software and opened a demo but my initial attempts at navigating around the platform weren’t getting me anywhere. I’m currently going through the online manual and instructions as it certainly seems like a great broker with FOREX, Gold, Oil etc all there for trading, and I know you are obviously satisfied with them.

Ok all, have a good evening.
Scott

Dale,

yes deal my friend u.I will go to south africa to support Egypt and will be more than please to intend with u this concert!!

Yes the 70 channels is much better than the MTV and they really make money alt u know people here has lots of money they don’t know how to spend it they spend there money on rhe sms that shown on these Music channels!! u will never believe that a freind of mine last year has 1 music channel and he is able to get every week from a saudi viewer 12k from sms!!

Now This friend of mine has 4 TV Channels 3 of them music channel and the last one is religious channel!!!

So dale what is your suggestion about the 2 postions i am having? what will u do if u have them with your broker will u take them? Guys can u also tell me what o u fel about these postions i can’t sleep!!!

Regards,

Akram

Dale,

there is somthing i want to undertand as well when we say indicies that means DOW,NASDAQ…ect so what about the equity??? what does it mean?

And if i want to trade food like Beans or cotton or whatever what do they call it???

Regards,

Akram

Hey everyone

This is going to start turning into MySpace! LOL

Rammstein… yes, I saw them a long time ago. I used to listen to Korn and went to the Family Values Tour and Rammstein played. It was the craziest experience. The singer had a flame thrower and was shooting it over the crowd, among other things. I used to listen to crazy bands like White Zombie, Ultraspank, Sepultura, Nile, and a lot of other “Death Metal” type music.

Now I’ve totally mellowed out in what I listen to. When I’m not jamming to Classic Rock like Led Zeppelin or the Doors… or my new favorite band who is the ultimate tribute to 70s “burn-out rock,” Wolfmother… I listen to Radiohead, The Album Leaf, Band of Horses, Iron and Wine, Clem Snide, Coldplay, The Dandy Warhols, The Flaming Lips, Death Cab for Cutie, Mates of State, um… thinking… Rogue Wave, The Postal Service, The White Stripes, A Perfect Circle, and oh god theres a lot more that I know I’m not listing. I also really like Godspeed You Black Emporer, Mogwai, and Sigar Ros.

And when I’m not listening to anything like the above, I enjoy relaxing with classical music… anything either solo piano or strings or any combination thereof.

So yea, those are my musical tastes. This is great because now when/if everyone lists their musical tastes, I can check it all out. I love hearing music or bands I’ve never heard before. I hope you check out the bands above if you haven’t heard of any of them. Hopefully you’ll find something you like!

Oh and if you want to get a warped idea of American culture, watch MTV. Or TrashTV as I like to call it. The crap they play on there and the shows they air are hideous. I’m sorry if you enjoy that kind of thing… but IMHO it is garbage.

Alright, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Time to watch football (not soccer), though I wish I could catch soccer… its always on too late/early in the morning. But I love college football. I’m a die-hard University of Michigan fan. Go Blue!

Take care,
Rob

Rob,

One of my dreams when i was young is to undetand the rules of the american football and basball although i found people in the states carzy about them and i can feel how much fun they have during watching any of these matches but i feel that i can never ever understand them!!

May be coz here we r carzy about football (soccer) that is why we don’t care to bother with any other sports but i think there are too many sports that is very intresting to know about apart from the soccer!!

I tried to get a game and play it through my PS2 but again i failed to know the rules!!!

But again Dale that doesnt mean that i will never support EGYPT if we play against SOUTH AFRICA!!!

Regards,
Akram

Hello Akram, Everyone,

Yes, I agree about your position of EUR/GBP to go short. All the indicators are lining up on my charts. PSAR is there, MACD has just crossed. I would say it has more than kissed it on the cheak. They are already in bed togther gettin it on!:D. The only one that is not really there is RSI, though I have not been using this up til now. I would say it is a 4 star trade and on Monday we should have and indication of if this trade is going to go our way or not. See my chart attached.

Unfortunatley, I dont have GBP/CAD at my broker so can’t comment on that. But another one that is developing for me, is GBP/CHF Long. as with EUR/GBP all indicators are lining up nicely and I would say it could be taken sometime on Monday as well. Do you guys see that?

Let me know what you think

Cheers all

Guys this could finally be the Holy Grail. The combined trading systems that I traded 22 September to 28 September, 2007; it was a mixed bag really, but with some mainly good news.

I combined the Parabolic PSAR with 4 hour pivot point studies. Some midweek losses were due to impulsive trades where I was fighting the market when I saw that my pivot point strategy was not working as well as my friend had taught it to me, mainly because I was forcing the trade.

So apart from a few scalping trades with USD/CAD, GBP/USD, and GBP/JPY, most of my successful trades were Parabolic PSAR entries and 4 hour pivots exits.

Even the scalping trades used the 4 hour pivots at times to decide exits.

Some winning trades were:
GBP/USD long +127 pips
AUD/USD long +96 pips
AUD/USD long +90 pips
EUR/USD long +44 pips
GBP/USD long +24 pips
USD/CHF short +8 pips in a classic pivot point trade.

Some losing trades, some of them downright silly were:
GBP/JPY short -43 pips
GBP/USD short -26 pips
EUR/JPY short -46 pips
EUR/PLN long -219 pips
EUR/JPY short -30 pips
GBP/USD long -36 pips (a stoploss on a large lot)

This past week I traded gold for the first time, unwisely so, but now that I know it’s on the platform I can watch it.

Great news is the Holy Grail almost Parabolic PSAR.

Hey Dale not sure about that Captain Morgan manufacturing thing.

Do you guys think I should borrow some money to invest in this system or keep pecking away at the market with my micro account until we’ve perfected it. My account is so low I made all of $14.09 this week!!!