Parabolic SAR - that's all!

Fantastic johnto,

I see ‘Amaranth’ is (was) number three on the Finnish charts a week or two back (very ‘commercial’ - band sounds great though - but - alas - no Tarja)!!! Tarja’s album should be out soon though and I hope she ‘sticks it to them’!!! I also hope that, being Finnish, you are going to her classical concerts and to her other appearances and supporting her!!!

Regards,

Dale.

ok guys,

from the day is end!! EUR/GBP look good today i think it will be good to open the trade till tommorow and then i will close this postion hopfully take some pips i have and run away coz i am afraid from the intrest rate!!

As for the wishlist i posted early today i only have 2 postions which is vailed

USD/CHF looks good every thing is met on this postion
Silver looks good apart from the MACD as they r not crossed yet they just french kissed each others!! But i got board i will take them as well (spread on the silver is 40 pips!!!)

Regards,

Akram

Hey Akram,

OK - well - I’m now short Gold (based on the charts at my other two brokers i.e. not Delta).

Also - when the market opens tomorrow - I will ‘jump in’ on Crude Oil (Brent Crude) - COIL1107 - everything looks good there too - WTI1107 - West Texas Intermediate - not there yet.

Again - for those interested - WATCH THE INDICES!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Dale

My wishlist is getting more and more today when the candels closed it says that tommorow night might be more than 3 or 4 pairs to be traded!!

I watched the oil but my problem is when it closed it closed on not a vailed entry as the dot yes appears to be short but the price of the close didn’t hit the dot.if u get what i mean that is why i didn’t get this trade.

It happenes with the gold as well .

I took the silver as it was obvious it is a vailed entry!! it looks great to be honest with u i hope i will dance and sing the comming week.(i am afarid that this will not happen!!)

Regards,

Akram

Hello everyone,

Here’s the latest on my positions.

USD/CHF looks like a valid entry here. For sure we have a MACD cross and PSAR is there. I got to go out for a bit now but may take it when I get home.

[U]Open Positions[/U]
AUD/JPY Long (SL set on 3H timeframe to lock in profits)
EUR/AUS Short (SL set on 3H timeframe to lock in profits)
EUR/JPY Long (SL set on 3H timeframe to lock in profits)
EUR/CHF Long (SL set on 3H timeframe to lock in profits)
EUR/GBP Short
GBP/USD Long
GBP/CHF Long

All of the above are currently in profit.

[U]Closed Positions[/U]
GBP/USD. Closed manually for a loss after Fed rate cut. -50 pips
USD/CAD Short. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for +350 pips
XAG/USD Long. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for +5000 pips
AUD/JPY Long. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for +180 pips
AUD/NZD Short. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for +100 pips
NZD/USD Long. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for +190 pips
XAG/USD Long. Stop Loss on daily PSAR. -5000 pips
NZD/USD Long. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for +50 pips

NZD/USD has been stopped over night for a 50 pip profit.

Cheers

Hey all

For the 1337 N00bs like me… (sorry, thats 1337 speak or leet as in “elite”… elite noobs) here is a link for you. Wondering what a DKK or HUF is? Does MXN really mean Mexican? Or maybe you weren’t sure if Ireland uses Euros or you’re wondering which symbol represents Dale’s beloved South African Rand… no it isn’t SAR. Go ahead, click the link and find out. Ctrl-F and search the page till your heart’s content.

Forex currency symbols definitions

Have fun!

And this Dr Zeus, is what it’s all about.:slight_smile: A great piece of advice that is every bit, and if not more important, than deciding on which trades to open and when.

This is one of the good things about oanda in that you can enter any amount of units so that your maximum exposure is only a low percentage (1 - 2%) of your balance.

Hello guys. I found today AUD/NZD pair had new point appearing on daily chart.
I had it going LONG only for couple days but it got me worried because the dot appeared upside but its still GREEN o_O ! Is it going LONG or SHORT? :eek: …anyways i closed my position this morning with +20pips. :rolleyes:

Which is it, LONG or SHORT? :confused:

Daily Chart

Oh, btw, does anyone know what time does OANDA platform update its DAILY chart? All i know its somewhere between night-morning for me. I am located in +2 GMT.

Hello again,

Having a look at USD/CHF long position, we can see that there is a PSAR dot there and the MACD has already crossed. This has happened on both Oanda and MT4 charts.

I have drawn two trendlines on this chart and we can see that the pair has been in a downward channel since the middle of June. Maybe we could use the upper trendline as our first profit target and that is around 1.2012.

I’m going open this trade. Following good money management rules the PSAR dot (stop loss) is about 125 pips away from the entry price so we would select a suitbable unit size so that we are not exposed by more than 2% in the trade if it all goes pear-shaped.

On my charts, MACD has crossed, Stochs has broken out of the oversold area and is heading up but PSAR has dots going in the opposite direction which of course means there’s no way I’m taking this trade. Maybe it’ll line up better in a couple of days…:confused:

Bocajunior,

I agree about the USD/CHF they looks fine i took them yesterday .(they were tempting me last night so i could sleep with out having them!!!)

But soo far they r not reacting on my faviour!!! ok ok i know patienceis the key i will no problem!!

So about the EUR/GBP any one who opened this postion 2 days back what do u think guys?? shall we close this postion??? shall we wait??

Ok i read lost of article about tommorow’s intrest rates (GBP & EUR) and what i have is that the GBP might be droped down and the EUR will be kept as it is so i don’t know how this will affect the GBP/EUR postion but i am sure it will be negative on those who open this position!! ANY THOUGHTS?

Regrads,

Akram

hypechic,

I don’t know why we do have different presentation for the PSAR i think Dale asked MR. wilder but so far we didn’t get any answer. but to be honest with u this is a clasical trade to have i mean the USD/CHF they look charming and promessing.

By they way same goes to u for the AFRICAN CUP!!!

Regards,

Akram

Hi guys,
What do you think about the current EUR\USD, anybody opened a position there, or planning to open?

Regards,
-t-

I opened this pair today SHORT…lets see couple days what happens. Warning, remember, i’m noob with a killer capital of ~100 $ :smiley:

Akram,
I don’t know either. Anyway, since my charts have not lined up yet, I’ll have to wait until they do.:o

As for the Nation’s Cup, I hope the boys do us proud. Soccer is the one thing that truly unites Nigeria.

And for EUR/GBP, it’s still in a profit although much reduced from when I opened it. At a point today, it was actually in the red.

PSAR has signalled a sell but MACD has not crossed, looks like it will in a couple of days though. Stochs is still in the overbought zone although heading down. However, I have been burned before by not waiting for MACD to cross and Stochs to be in the right zone so I AM GOING TO WAIT.:smiley:

Maybe in a couple of days, I can take the trade.

Rob,

Who are you using for your chart service with MT4? I’ve read alot about Metatrader, but I don’t know how to use it or get charts for it. I think it could be real help with the PSAR method since I’ve noticed a few charts posted on this thread that shows entry signals that Oanda doesn’t have yet. Plus it seems like a good idea to have more than one source of data.

Doc Z

Uh oh, i’m having currently 5 trades open and they total +400 pips …tempting to close them but noup, i will ride the ride as this system tells…“long term, think about long term” :wink: I’m using 5x10% in those trades, so its 50% total of capital, and my current Unrealised P&L is 8 $. Thats almost 10% of the 100$ ! …and it has only being TWO DAYS! :smiley:

Hi Akram:

I have an EUR/GBP short 1000 units Oanda open position which is 12 pips in the red.

I Short 300 units EUR/GBP in Oanda early on September 29 which I trailed the stop on so it stoploss for 12 pips of profit today.

Nervous about BoE.

I am really impressed with you guys analytical skills, dedication, and focus. Me, I’m just another guy trying to see if forex can restore some sanity to my over the edge career and finances right now. Out of desperation I’m taking trades too early or too late. And with a laughably small capital I’m taking risks that break all the money management rules. Honestly I have to take these risks in an effort to boost my capital. This thread is restoring some sanity to my forex life. Boy am I grateful to people like Dale and yourself.

I’m short silver and gold. The technicals are encouraging but silver is misbehaving right now.

Trading EUR/USD and GBP/USD too.

Thanks for the great stuff guys.

Glendon

Edit: I’m rambling on without answering your query. I’m simply waiting for the EUR/GBP pair to drop some more to cut my losses and close it.

I’m worried that if I dont close the EUR/GBP now I might come back later to see a more significant loss.

Ideas anyone?

Glendon