Parabolic SAR - that's all!

I have been reading your posts. I am currently holding on my current trades, everything else is now on profits but EUR/TRY is naughty!

.[sarcasm].
With my capital the possible profits are HUGE, so i will be modest and only post my pips instead :cool: :rolleyes:
(hint. look at the unit sizes) :stuck_out_tongue:
.[/sarcasm].

I am still going with only SAR points, but also looking possible new trends using this EMA/SMA system :slight_smile:

Dale,

who told u i am not crying huh???

I am crying loudly man. the silver went up and stoped in loss. Huge loss i will never mess with the silver, gold and oil again i hate them now.

Even the news came good in the states as expected but hell any impact on the value of the doller no .what a crazy busniess!!

Regards,

Akram

No Dale,

u r not the only one who is trading but i guess most of us are crying from the loss of today that is why no one bother to post i donā€™t know why i am posting now i should go close these lossing postions and sleep or do any thing uslefull!!

Akram

By the way Dale

u got a nice pic :wink:

akram

Oh - welcome back everyone!!!

Hey Akram, I didnā€™t say you were NOT crying - I figured you WERE crying - but now that I know you were stopped out - I know just HOW MUCH were you were crying!!!

I never put stops on Gold this time round - Iā€™ll hold it until it wipes my account out if I have to - but I WILL profit from Gold - EVEN IF itā€™s the last trade I ever do!!!

I must say the GBP/JPY on the 5 minute charts is being very good to me. Iā€™ve decreased my lot sizes (coudnā€™t take the pressure) but Iā€™m still making many more good trades than bad - so - when Iā€™ve built up enough confidence in our system on the 5 minute charts - Iā€™ll go for broke again.

johto, the Nightwish shop has STILL not contacted me - is it a two week holiday or something in Finland??? Please send me an email to [email protected] (I donā€™t think you can send PMā€™s yet) so that I can just give you my order number and you can call them for me and ask them - in Finnish - what the tracking number is so that I can go and ā€˜bash some heads inā€™ here this side. Please - Iā€™d really appreciate it.

Regards,

Dale.

Akram - Iā€™m going to just ā€˜assumeā€™ that you KNOW who the person is in the ā€˜picā€™!!!

Dale.

Dale, u got mail.

ā€¦and no, there are no major holidays currently, exept this and next week seems to be an autum week holiday for school people, students and like.
I dont think thatā€™s affecting nightwish shop :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man - Iā€™m absolutely devastated!!! (Sorry - but I canā€™t help myself)!!!

I was just busy looking over at that other ā€˜tube siteā€™ - you know the one - and I did not know that there was footage of the ā€˜newā€™ Nightwish live i.e. since Anette ā€˜took overā€™!!! How could Tuomas let Anette sing the songs that Tarja sang with the band??? Is he nuts??? Stuff from the new album - yes - sure - very good - excellent in fact - but Nightwish sounds like a ā€˜garage bandā€™ with her singing the old songs. Iā€™m absolutely ā€˜finnishedā€™ (no itā€™s not a spelling mistake)!!!

Dale.

Dale,

I am so happy u know how much blood i waste today!!

Well i am sorry man but i really donā€™t know who is this pic. for i am so sorry for that but i feel it is for some one who is every one in this planet know but not me can u tell me who is she???

well now i do have 2 postions and when my account will go for breakeven i will jump on the 5 min. and check it coz i am reall pissed of from silver

Akram

Hereā€™s my trading report as posted on my blog forexology which Iā€™m unashamedly promoting. If you go there please visit the advertisers and help me to make up for my losses before I found you guys. I still lose here sometimes but the camaraderie and education are worth it:

Iā€™m trading Parabolic PSAR and the occasional Pivot Point Scalp(the AC Mandeville Method).

For the Parabolic PSAR I follow the daily, 3 hour, 1 hour, and 30 min charts
50 EMA
MACD
RSI
Full Stochastics

Honestly I dont journal which I have used for a particular trade. I should. Basically I try as much as possible to use Daleā€™s old rules and new rules, along with the distillation of wisdom froom Elang.

Add to the mix the Daily20pips signals, as well analyses from Oanda and Action Forex, and youā€™ve got my evolving trading plan.

Closed Positions
USD/CHF Long -56
XAU/USD Long +572
GBP/USD short -32
EUR/GBP short +9
XAU/USD short -276
USD/NOK Short -73
EUR/HUR Short 0
EUR/USD Short -51
EUR/USD Short -52
EUR/USD Short -49
XAU/USD Long +111
GBP/USD Long +17
EUR/JPY Short -31
USD/MXN Short +55
USD/CHF Short -5 (a seesaw getting back at the market trade that actually accidently cancelled another trade, should have been placed in the sub-account)
USD/CHF Long -28

Open Positions
USD/CAD Short +114
USD/CAD Short +96
USD/CAD Short +84
AUD/USD Long +64
AUD/USD Long +62
XAU/USD Long +121
USD/CHF Short -5
NZD/USD Long +110
NZD/USD Long +103
EUR/GBP Long +51 (Helped by market sentiment analysis from Oanda)
USD/CHF Long 0

Guys you will notice on my report that I sometimes long and short the same pair simultaneously. Iā€™m able to do so, I guess, because of the low margin variable units trading on Oanda. Hereā€™s the logic: If I study the indicators and Iā€™m still unsure if a pair is gooing north or south I buy both positions in two separate sub-accounts. Once the trend is confirmed I cancel the trade in loss if stoploss has not cancelled for me, and I trail the stop on the profitable pair.

Itā€™s not the most scientific method but it works sometiimes when all else fails.

Now that I have Daleā€™s 5 minute EMA system I may not need my stoploss hedge any more.

Akram,

I just thought Iā€™d let you know that now - Iā€™m the one whoā€™s crying - big time (Iā€™m not going to even tell you how much I just wiped off my account - youā€™ll die - which is pretty much what I feel like doing right now)!!!

I had to go and attend to something so I closed my open (5 minute) position on GBP/JPY and opened another position based on the 4 hour chart and set a Parabolic SAR stop loss. I didnā€™t forsee any problem as I was getting into the position ā€˜lateā€™ i.e. a ā€˜lateā€™ Parabolic SAR entry at a better price and - everything else seemed alright i.e. the trend was up on the daily and 4 hour charts - so - I figured it would be fine and that later on Iā€™d just quickly come and move my stop loss. Well - unbekown to me - the Indices (stocks) (the Nasdaq in particular) just about ā€˜fell through the floorā€™ while I wasnā€™t looking - and - if you donā€™t already know - GBP tends to move with stocks!!! To cut a very long story short - go and have a look at what happened to GBP in the last 4 to 6 hours!!! ā€˜F**k me gentlyā€™!!!

Iā€™m sitting here laughing to myself - because if I donā€™t laugh - Iā€™ll cry FOR REAL!!! OMFG!!!

This is ridiculous man!!!

The worst thing is that my stop loss was hit BUT the price went all the way down to the 50 EMA and IMMEDIATELY started to reverse. So - I waited for it to go back down to the 50 EMA - which it did - and reopened my position - so - Iā€™m REALLY hoping that the 50 EMA will be STRONG support for this pair tonight!!!

Iā€™m really starting to believe that this is ā€˜a mugā€™s gameā€™. Honestly. I canā€™t ā€˜f*****gā€™ take it!!! I mean - there are SO MANY THINGS you have to watch out for in this business - and if you forget just one little thing - youā€™re pretty much ā€˜f****dā€™ in more ways than one!!! I mean - Iā€™ve spent the WHOLE WEEK making small profits but profits they were - and - in a matter of hours - Iā€™ve managed to ā€˜exponentiallyā€™ wipe out the profit that I made this week so far and then some more capital just for good measure!!!

Anyway - thank ā€˜f**kā€™ for stops (I think)!!!

Iā€™m going to bed now - Iā€™ve set stop losses and configured my email and SMS alerts to alert me as to whether or not Iā€™ve TOTALLY wiped out another account OR Iā€™m a rich man. Either way - if my mobile phone ā€˜ringsā€™ tonight - Iā€™ll know!!!

This is ā€˜bullsh*tā€™!!!

(Oh and THAT my friend - by the way - is Tarja Turunen - in the picture).

Yes - I know - Iā€™m a ā€˜sad individualā€™!!!

It sure is starting to look like itā€™ll be another ā€˜Kenny Rodgersā€™ weekend!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Hey guys

I have to confess. Donā€™t hate me. But Iā€™ve been reading up on another system. I enjoy using it, it has helped me bag some pips if I canā€™t find anything on the daily charts with our system here. Last night I took in about 50 pips over two hours time. It would have been more, but I was learning the system and obviously lost some.

Anyway, here it is if you guys want to check it out for something to do if you cant get into a trade.

This is actually page 18 where Maurizio77 outlined the system.
http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-daytrading/1109-ema-step-system-18.html

Good stuff. Well, here is a pic for you Dale. I hope Iā€™m not disobeying any forum rules or copyrights or something.

Hmmm ok Dale ,

Was a bad week i am sure for u and me donā€™t know what to say coz i was having the 350 pips in proft but i got gready .I f had listen 1 sec that my acccount in one week got 35% but never listen to this wise voice which was inside me at one point

Any ways i saw the GBP and i do have the same problem like yours coz i am still holding GBP/CHF and now it shows loss!!!

Going to sleep will be the best thing to be done for u and me right now

Akram

Hey Akram

Sorry to hear its been a bad week. I think you are right about calling it a night and waking up with a clear head and a new day to make profit.

Hope it turns around for you guys.

and here is a little image for you Akram. Montreal in the winter!
courtesy of some website that I searched through Google.

Rob,

thanks for the pic i like it alot it is a very nice country.Hope u can come there one day i will never invite u to come here in Egypt as i know it is far away from u!! but if u r intrested any time let me know and i will guide u here.

So yesterday i posted about my expectation for the market how it is going to move .As for the Dollar it went down although the news came good but i think people doesnā€™t trust these good news which is coming from the states they have the feelings that what is happing is nothing but retrecemnt for the price.Tommorow as well there will be other news coming from the states and the expectation that the news is going to be better.Hope that will have a good impact on the dollar.

I know people might say now shut up all what u r saying is not right as the moment u expect somthing the opp. happenes .Yes i know it is true but what i am trying to do here is that i am trying to read the news for tom and for sure when i do this we share the info with each others and offcourse it i a new busniess for me like u guys and i need some time to get to use on what is happing which will make me better than before.

So as i am saying now that tommorow the news is going to be better (hopefully) so that will be good to those who are holding the Dollar postions.
I hope we can dance tom. Dale!!!

Regards,

Akram

Thanks Akram, maybe someday I will.

Iā€™ve always wanted to travel to Egypt. If I ever get to, Iā€™ll owe it all to what Iā€™m learning here. Cause itā€™ll be the only way Iā€™ll get to go.

Heres to the future and many more pips profit!

Good morning everyone (I think - I hope)!!!

Thanks for the posts (overnight).

Listen - I wonā€™t / donā€™t hate anybody that wants to try / use another system at all. Believe you me - right now - Iā€™ll try ANY system (or anything else for that matter) that will make money - quickly!!!

Thatā€™s actually the problem you know i.e. ā€˜quicklyā€™!!!

The problem with what I (we) are doing here is that itā€™s too slow. In other words - I have no doubt in my mind that Parabolic SAR does work - on itā€™s own - or with a ā€˜gazillionā€™ confirmation indicators etc. etc. etc. The problem really is that it takes time to make money with this indicator and while I strongly believe that there is no quick way to make money in this business sometimes the pressure of having to pay bills etc. etc. etc. just becomes overwhelming so you panic and you start overtrading your account and taking chances and thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve done - again. (OK - I probably speak for myself here but this is where Iā€™m at at the moment).

Anyway - what else can a person do - but ā€˜get up - dust the dust off - and keep tryingā€™!!!

Regards,

Dale.

OK - well - Iā€™m ā€˜grasping at strawsā€™ here now - but - anyway - Iā€™d like an opinion on what Iā€™ve just found (again playing around with EMAā€™s):

As a matter of fact - if there is anyone using MT4 and ā€˜knows their oatsā€™ as far as backtesting goes then maybe somebody could do this for me and post the results (I canā€™t get the ā€˜f*****gā€™ thing to work for me).

Well - itā€™s a fact of life - that the 50 EMA (itā€™s actually supposed to be the 50 DMA) and the 200 EMA (also supposed to be the 200 DMA) - are ā€˜keyā€™ levels for any stock, commodity, forex pair, etc. etc. etc.

SO - I got to thinking - and looking - again - and I think that MAYBE Iā€™m onto something else here - something VERY simple:

Put a 200 EMA on any chart and have a look at what happens.

If you sell or buy the moment the 200 EMA is crossed i.e. you donā€™t wait for the price to close above or below the line - and you just keep repeating this ā€˜actionā€™ over and over again - the end results ā€˜appearā€™ to be as follows:

1 - If youā€™re wrong - you pretty much break even because the 200 EMA is very slow to react to the price changes.

2 - Youā€™re pretty much ā€˜immuneā€™ to any whipsaws or anything like that (obviously this only applies on longer timeframes).

3 - Youā€™re profits are nowhere near as big as they could (or should be) but it would ā€˜appearā€™ that they are profits nonetheless.

4 - Because you ā€˜pretty muchā€™ break even if the trade goes against you the only thing that you really lose (especially in a range bound market) is the spread so you can throw a great deal of margin at this type of trade as long as you can take losing the spread once or twice or three times in a row.

5 - If you want to try and maximise profits out of this your could revert back to using Parabolic SAR to take profits i.e. if the price is currently above the 200 EMA (you should be long at this point) you only take Parabolic SAR entry signals to go long (obviously the reverse applies if the price is below the 200 EMA and you are short) and you let Parabolic SAR ā€˜lock inā€™ profits.

6 - You could try and use the 50 EMA for trend confirmation and profit taking but you get ā€˜whipsawedā€™ a lot of the time.

7 - This appears to work very well on highly volatile instruments with low spreads e.g. GBP/JPY, DAX, stuff like that.

Have a look- tell me what you think.

Iā€™ll tell you - Iā€™m about ready to throw in the towel with this ā€˜bullsh*tā€™.

Iā€™ve looked at all the other systems as well (thanks Rob) and I just donā€™t see the merit there. For one thing - trying to use that EMA Step System - I canā€™t see the ā€˜f*****gā€™ EMAā€™s clearly enough on Deltaā€™s charts to warrant even trying to using it.

I really need to perfect a system - or find whatever system - with very low drawdowns and a pretty much guaranteed (albeit small) profit percentage. Possible? Not sure.

Regards,

Dale.

Dale,

the multi system guy!!!

ok Dale i am stoped again this morning with the GBF/CHF based on our new Rule but the good thing is that i didnā€™t lose alot.

I canā€™t back test this new system u r asking for coz i donā€™t know how.I will have a look on this new system u r talking about and will let u know my opinion

Regards,

Akram