Parent Traders -- Will you teach your kids how to trade?

Wow that’s real early haha. Probably when they’re in high school!

1 Like

If they show interest at an early age, why not! Demo first. Most probably I will incline them in to the business side.

Ask futures trader Larry Williams, he taught his daughter the actress Michelle Williams - who won some trading contests I believe.

https://www.businessinsider.com/michelle-williams-trader-father-2011-1#michelles-father-was-a-commodities-trader-before-she-even-knew-what-that-was-1

1 Like

Hahaha! :smiley: I mean, I could introduce them to the basics. :stuck_out_tongue: I always say I wish I knew about forex when I was a lot younger, so I definitely want that for my future kids. :sweat_smile:

Who knows right? :smiley: Haha. I want my kids to grow up aware that in life, you win some, you lose some. Haha. :smiley: Forex might be a good teacher. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh wow. Today I learned. Who knew Michelle Williams was a trader! Oof woulda made more money trading I bet. That’s amazing though. Thanks for sharing!!!

:ok_hand: Totally different and valid question!!! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Well, I"ll prefer to teach how to trade and how to minimize loss. For age concern it’s depends on how much they are interested as well as time.

Didn’t know she’s into trading, and a world cup winner, beauty and brains.

definitely, im gonna teach them! they gonna start trading Gold and Eur/usd as their main focus!

What in interesting question. I think I’ll have to, simply because I spend so much time behind the screen and kids ask what I’m doing. Plus, why not. At minimum they see one way of maybe making money/having a job, at worst, they say cool, back to my video games!

Maybe if they learn how to trade, they can have money for them Fortnite games or Robux or whatever those digital game currencies are called. :joy:

its a nice reply from all. appreciate :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wouldnt be at all surprised if kids made better traders than adults.

They dont yet have bills to pay and really dont rate money highly in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

Could still be highly emotional though but yeah at least they’re learning it early!

If they’re interested, yes I will. It would be cool if they’re going to be a better trader than me. :smiley:

1 Like

I think I’ve changed my mind. I’ll teach them how to code. Tried this out over the weekend with my eldest.

Played around with it for an hour, got a couple of animals to dance back and forth. It was fun!

That sounds great too! So many things he can do just by knowing how to code. :nerd_face:

Maybe you like combing your love for cats and catapults into a game?

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/120775923/

That… made me dizzy. Haha. Fun though. Your son made that game??:hushed:

Haha. No way. He’s still a young buck in elementary school.