PARMAR 3P Trading System

For the answer, please read post #229 (as well #205, #228) again!

Also, the posted results are based on M1 data. However for my own personal testing I also used [I]Dukascopy Tick Data[/I] and the results were even better than the M1 data (not worse).

The questions are thus:
[ul]
[li]How are you back-testing (manually or with EA)?
[/li][li]What spread are you setting in the Strategy Tester?
[/li][li]Which EA are you using for back-testing?
[/li][/ul]

Thank you Carnino, u are awesome.
Cheers

Thanks Vijay,
I will check, ur system is doing well for me.

Iā€™m back-testing with EA, but the spread is variableā€¦ from 1, to 2ā€¦ and I simulate the slippage also.
Itā€™s a breakout EA that I developed.

today Sell eur/usd closed with profit

If it is your own breakout strategy EA, then you should not be comparing it to my results unless the rules are exactly the same.

How can you simulate slippage? [I]MetaTrader 4[/I] is not able to do that? And what is the amount of slippage that you are simulating?

If you are using a variable spread, then your EA should be adjusting constantly for the average spread in its pending orders. Is it?

What is the source of you tick data?

Hi I use 2 softwares for it, this one Tick Data Suite | Birtā€™s EA review and this tickstory.com
My source is also duckas.

regards

So how to you supposedly simulate the slippage?
Also, you did not say if your EA obeys the same rules that I referred to or not!

Hi Carnino, I just read again your posts about your tests and Iā€™m almost sure that I obey all rules. My only doubt was about the offset and spreadā€¦ and since it have stop loss of 5 pips I think it matter a lot isnā€™t ?

As you can see Tick Data Suite generate randon slippage in the orders for me, the slippage can be from 0 to 2 pips.

Anyway even with lower spread I didnā€™t get profitable backtest resultsā€¦ nothing like yours.
If you try without your spread rules you still get profitable results ?

Regards

In order to compare the results and see where the differences might be, why donā€™t you publish the results here as well as the detailed report via [I]MyFXBook[/I], the same way I did.

That way we can all see it and compare the trades made and figure out where there may be discrepancies between the two. It will certainly help all involved.

With out that, it will be almost impossible to see why there were differences between your EA and mine.

Great idea. Anyway, would you be able to sell me one license of your EA ? I would like to backtest it. You can contact me private please.

Strange, I could not analyse it in myfxbookā€¦ it show message ā€œStrategy processing has failedā€.
But I will attach it here. Breakout.zip (123 KB)

I guess you are using a different kind of trailling right ? ATR ?

Thank you
Regards

Edited, now I got it in myfxbook:

Breakout Test Strategy | Myfxbook

I have taken a look at the report, but you are using completely different strategy as well as different test period. No wonder you got totally different results.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges. If you want to compare it properly you have to use the same parameters, such as the same period of testing, same starting capital, same risk amount and most importantly, the same strategy rules.

Your strategy is completely different.
[ul]
[li]I do not know what your brokers time zone is, but you are placing pending orders at different times of the day instead of the same time every day after the NY close. You probably also using the wrong highs and lows for the breakout.
[/li][li]Your expiration time is 19hr, instead of 24hr for Vijayā€™s original strategy or 240hr for my trailing strategy.
[/li][li]Your trailing stop is all over the place as it not being stepped.
[/li][li]You seem to have a target take profit that is neither consistent with the original strategy nor my version.
[/li][/ul]
Those were just a few of the things I notices. There are probably much more! You will really have to clean-up your code as it is full of bugs with regard to following the strategies discussed thus far.

Sorry, Felipe, but your EA or strategy is nothing like Vijayā€™s original strategy or even my adaptation. You will have to take a closer look at the thread and your EA.

Hi thank you for your review but I would like you tell me about the trailing stop you using.
Iā€™m simple start trailing when Iā€™m in 5 pips profit, but seeing your backtest I think you start trailing at 10 pips at least ?

You was right about the expiration time, I will correct it.

Thank you
Regards

Trailing has already been explained. Please read Post #322 and Post #445.

However, trailing is not the major issue in your EA. The other points I mentioned should be your primary concern if you wish to correct the problems you are having with the results.

[I]PS! I have already answered that other matter you requested via a Private Message, written in Portuguese, as I am assuming that you are Brazilian. If not, let me know and I will answer in English.[/I]

Hi Carnino, thank you very much. Yes Iā€™m brazilian so no problem we write in portuguese.
I think one of the problems was that my export tick-data was with wrong time shift because now Iā€™m getting better results backtesting. I really was continuously trailling, I will try with the steped and soon post my results.

Regards

Hi Vijay,

I was just taking a look at your myfxbook pages, I noticed that several open trades on your Master GPBUSD are way in the hole: 80-90 pips down and some closed recently at 25 & 36 pip losses. Is something wrong with your EAā€™s SLā€™s? Just to clarify - is that the account the one youā€™re running with the trailing stop?

I think that it is a different strategy and has nothing to do with the current ones being discussed here. If you look at the history you will see that there are several orders being placed per day and with different exit rules.

If thatā€™s the case, then what happened to the other account?

Vijay, are you still working out the bugs in the trailing stop EA? Do you plan on re-posting it to myfxbook?

Hi Carmino, I corrected your pointed bugs and I think now itā€™s getting good.
Please check myfxbook:
BreakoutX1 Strategy | Myfxbook

And htm file:
BreakoutX1.zip (41.4 KB)

As you can see now Iā€™m trailing step, anyway my backtest show also the slippages on trade close. Iā€™m not sure how much it affect the profitā€¦ so I will try without slippageā€¦ the spread is 1.0.

Carnino, could you possibly run back tests using a 7 or 7 Ā½ pip continuous trailing stop, and maybe one with a 7 pip stop with a 10 pip step trailing stop? I am testing manually, and because of this have limited options on what stops I can place. I was just wondering where these might fit in with your other tests.