PARMAR 3P Trading System

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. Mr. C, any way for us to communicate privately? I have a few questions I’d like to ask you that are not appropriate to ask here. Feel free to email me, I’ll keep it private and thanks in advance.

Hi people, now I got it… finally. Carnino you can compare with your trades and see that even the time of open and close orders are similar, anyway if you add randon slippage as I did the profit factor is reduced but still very profitable with low drawdown.

BreakoutX3 Strategy | Myfxbook

Regards

I will need the report files as you provided before in order to analyse it correctly!

Hi okay, check it please. BreakoutX3.zip (40.1 KB)

OK! It now seems that you are using the correct High/Low values and placing the pending orders correctly. However, there are still a few flaws:

[ul]
[li]There seems to be missing trades in the beginning. Your simulation starts at 2013-01-01 but there are only trades starting on the 3rd. Day 1 and 2 are missing its pending orders
[/li][li]Risk calculation is also incorrect. For an initial balance of $1000 and a risk 1.0%, your first lot size should have been 0.20 and not 0.10
[/li][li]Trailing logic seems to be off. It is not stepping at exact amounts (in this case exactly 5 pips) nor is it compensating for the initial slippage of open price. For example, your first sell pending order was at 1.31570 but opened at 1.31566 due to positive slippage. The first trailing should have been at break-even (1.31566) but instead it was at 1.31569. The next trailing point should have been at 1.31516 but was instead at 1.31518.
[/li][li]Also, as an extra, as Vijay suggested, consider compensating for slippage by adjusting the initial stop-loss when a order is opened. For example, your first opened order was at 1.31566 due to positive slippage, so the stop-loss should have been immediately corrected for 5pips at 1.31616.
[/li][/ul]
Once you have corrected these, I will give you a few more tips on how to use Vijay’s Trailing Gap as well as handling variable spreads.

EDIT: Ok, it seems that the missing Trades are due to missing data. Even though your test period is 2013.01.01 - 2014.07.15, your available data is only 2013.01.02 - 2013.12.23.

Thank you man, your hints are helping me a lot.
I will do it. :slight_smile:

Losers for me today, positions opened a little after 8am, but I forgot about the news announcements at 08:30 and got taken out when the spread widened. Oh well, can’t win them all, lol.

Yep, losers for me today as well. Now running in negative for July! But still carrying on, as it seemed like a good strategy from the beginning.

S.

Loser for me today too.

I will also continue on, because based on everyone else’s back testing and vijaykumar’s past few months of live history it seems like it could be a good system. I guess my biggest worry long term is slippage. How much will it affect probability? Hard to say since it cannot really be back tested.

I’m backtesting it with randon generated slippage, it affect the profit but profit factor still pretty good, I’m still fixing some bugs in my EA but I will post my results soon.

Regards

3 losses for me today

If you are have trouble with debugging your code, let me know if I can help. Since you are from a Java background, debugging MQL4 may be a little difficult for you.

Thank you very much Carnino, these days I’m busy but this weekend I will try to solve it and if I have troubles I will disturb you again. Thank you :slight_smile:

Strange (and frustrating) day for me:
3 buy signals hit. Two winners and one loss. Fine so far.
Then reversed and hite the 3 sell signals. All three losses! So, slightly more negative for the month. Ah well…

Hi Carnino, Vijay.
Could you tell me which broker you are trading with. I am planning to open an account with IC markets.
Do you know about them, how do you rate them?
Thank you advance.
Suraj

I believe that [I]Vijay[/I] is using [B]IC Markets[/B] but I myself have never used them before.

My current brokers are [B]RoboForex[/B], [B]Admiral Markets[/B], [B]IG Markets[/B] and [B]FXPro[/B].

I am sure that all followers of [I]Vijay’s[/I] strategy (or my variation), that have been trading it (demo or real), have noticed that this month of July has been a very bad one on the GBP/USD, despite the fact that the currency pair has been in a very good downward trend for several days now.

One thing that I have noticed and plan to analyse in more detail as a possible adaptation, is that on several occasions, the breakout boundaries are tested, rejected and then later broken again with success.

The problem being, that this strategy, only has one group of orders per day in any given direction, and when they are cleared (in loss) the first time, then there are none to replace them and catch a successful breakout the next time around on the same day. Lately, these have been large moves on the GBP/USD which are not capitalised on by this strategy.

I am going to analyse (and back-test) a variant that will place new pending orders at the same breakout price, every time that orders go through a clearing cycle. Every time opened orders hit their initial stop-loss and price continues on away from the breakout price, new pending orders (or single order) will be set at the breakout price again as before, in the hopes that when it comes back, it catches that stronger and larger breakout move.

This is still very much an infant idea which I have not yet put much thought into and plan to research and implement testing only next week, but wanted to see what others may think of the idea.

Those that have been trading manually may have spotted these occurrences more easily than those using EA’s, so manual traders, please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Carnino

Great idea, anyway the price have to breakout, not allways it will be at the first try(pending)… there is only few inside bars in daily TF.
I will try to analyse it and test also.

Thank you
Regards

Hi suraj,
Hope you are well.

I am using ICmarkets at the moment.
Issue is during news there is spike and somewhat slippage.

If you are looking for fixed spread and less slippage try Admiral markets.
They have 2 pips fixed spread and its 4 digit broker and quite good and regulated.
regards
vijay

Well after adapting my EA and doing some back-testing for the year 2013 as well as the month of July 2014, it turns out that this idea has very little merit.

Half of the time the second order is a loss too so only serves to compound the initial loss. In general, this idea has very little positive impact on the profit and only reduces the win rate and profit factor and on other occasions actually reduces overall profit.

It is one of those ideas that seems brilliant in one’s heads but then in practice turns out to be a big flop!!!