PARMAR 3P Trading System

So: the month finishes, and I got three wins last night. My total: a loss of 40 pips for the month, dissapointing.

Having said that, June was +85 for me so on average I shouldn’t grumble. Glass is half full!

Anyone else got monthly results to share?

I shall start again for August and see what happens.

S.

Folks, please remember that many traders take these months off for this very reason. After (and sometimes during) the month of May, things get “murky”, and unless a strategy is specific for “murky waters” it is going to suffer during these months of northern summers or southern winters. If you take a look at the back-tests I posted you will see that these months are not so great.

So, take a page out of other traders’ hand book and either reduce your risk, change strategy or do not trade at all during these months.

Then, when the waters clear, return to your winning strategy again.

Just widening the questions a bit: I am still working on the original Vijay idea, fixed TP & SL, placing trades manually.

Carnino, I have seen through the thread how you have come up with a number of different suggestions of trailing stops etc (some of which I don’t fully understand, I’m still on a steep learning curve here). I also followed Vijay’s references to his EA, but decided I couldn’t afford it yet. I know you have also produced EAs, trying various options.

Are you at the point where an EA actually works in forward trading? And if so, it is it available? I am OK still manually placing the trades, but having just retired, I am slightly pressured into spending more time away from home (loving wife, more quality time together!) which means missing the continuity of trading every day.

Thanks again for all your informative input.

S.

Hello “stickerman”,

Yes, I do have my EA working on a “live” and a “demo” account, but I have not “liberated” the EA yet for the following reasons:

[ol]
[li]The EA was written for my own personal use, so does not have all the “fool proof” protection that would be required if I had to release it into the public.
[/li][li]Both my “live” and “demo” account also have other EA’s running, so I cannot publicly display it as you would not be able to see the results of just this EA. Since I run each EA with different magic numbers, it is easy for me to track the results of each and keep tabs of things, but publishing it would reveal my other private “stuff” too.
[/li][li]I do have plans to release a “public” version of the EA as well as publish a forward test on a separate account just for the EA in question, but not just yet. My wife passed away recently due to cancer and I still have many personal matters that need to be resolved. Please be patient with me. Once my life gets back on track, I will be providing the EA with the respective source code, free-of-charge.
[/li][/ol]
Personally, I do not think it correct of any member here on[I] BabyPips[/I], to sell or buy an EA. This site is for sharing information and knowledge, and that includes EA’s and the code to go with it. Any kind of sales talk, is in fact against the site’s rules.

Buying an EA, in my opinion, is dangerous. If you cannot write your own, at least consider having someone write it side-by-side with you, so that you always have access to code and that it works the way you want it to. You will also at least understand the fundamentals of how it works. That way if you later need to adjust your strategy, you will be aware of how things should be changed or if need be, consult a different programmer with no restrictions preventing you from doing so.

Buying a closed (no code) EA or not understanding how it works, is a recipe for disaster, in my opinion!

Regards,
Carnino

Hello Carnino.

Firstly, sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. That must have been very hard to cope with.
I’m again grateful for the comments made. I will keep using the original strategy through these summer months to see what happens, but I will keep in mind your comments about the seasonality.

For the record, I had three winners this morning, so a good way to start the month.

S.

Stickerman,

Are you testing the strategy on a demo or live account?

If live, can you share which broker you are using? I had three losses this morning with egregious slippage. I am looking to switch to another broker.

Thank you

Simon

Hi Simon.
Just on a demo at the moment, with FXDD.
S.

Hi Carnino

I would like to share my condolence to you for the suffering and loss you must have gone through. I can only begin to imagine how difficult must be for you.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I would like to thank you for your valuable contribution. I will keep following with great interest. Thanks

Thank you!

Carnino,

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife.

God’s Blessings, Bro

Thank you Bobkat!

Hi carnino,
Sorry for the loss of your wife.
God gives you enough strength to you.
Best regards
vijay

Thanks Vijay!

Tuesday morning here in the UK.
Night before last was three ‘no hits’ so no wins or losses.
Last night was three losses.
So month so far: 3 wins, 3 losses, breakeven pips and a slight increase in funds.
S.

Hi Carnino,

Sorry for the loss of your wife. I know, That will be real tough.
My prayers are there for you, And gods blessings.
Get well soon.

Suraj

Yesterday 05/08/2014 was 3 wins and 1 loss in EUR/USD.
:slight_smile:

Thank you Suraj!

Hello folks,
I am currently testing this system with minor changes to another broker. recently there is a slippage issue with icmarkets and am not comfortable with that. Also instead of 3 lot i am testing with 1 lot and 5 is sL and 15 target.
regards
vijay

My condolences too, Carnino and many thanks for the contribution that you and other ones are making to this thread

Thank you!